A favor please

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
Would someone check and see if they can get on SH.org? I keep getting a message that the URL is invalid.

I'm getting email from posts, but I can't even get the site to come up. I'm wondering if I have inadvertantly blocked it somehow.

Thanks

This is an error from IE and one from Firefox. Doesn't make any sense.

error1.jpg

error2.jpg

Yes, it is a link about Apache servers. I wonder if my IP has a break in their route to some sites.

By the way, I really appreciate your help. I'm not that desperate to get to SH.org. I think something is broken. Maybe there is a lot of stuff that I should be able to get to that I don't know about.

Do you think a firewall could cause this stuff? I'm using Norton 360.

Here we go with this stuff again...

An email message:

Thank you for submitting a support request. A summary of your request is below: ----------------------------------------------------------- Details [Submitted 02/03/2010 17:50 ] ----------------------------------------------------------- ID............: 1848 Viewing Key...: 0dvbfFGLQC Name..........: FAVahalik Subject.......: Re: Reply to thread 'A favor please' ----------------------------------------------------------- Registered users may login to track the status of their request : Thank you. Hayabusa Owners Group

I know from the past that this message isn't really from you. I'm going to look for viruses and malware and look at the firewall.

Re: Here we go with this stuff again...

An email message:

Thank you for submitting a support request. A summary of your request is below: ----------------------------------------------------------- Details [Submitted 02/03/2010 17:50 ] ----------------------------------------------------------- ID............: 1848 Viewing Key...: 0dvbfFGLQC Name..........: FAVahalik Subject.......: Re: Reply to thread 'A favor please' ----------------------------------------------------------- Registered users may login to track the status of their request : Thank you. Hayabusa Owners Group

I know from the past that this message isn't really from you. I'm going to look for viruses and malware and look at the firewall.

Clean your temp internet files and see if there has been a caching change...

Unfortunately, I was able to get there with no problem.
Will not be doing that again.
Bubba

Are you running a web accelerator? These, often times freeware, programs optimize your internet access or blocks pop-ups by means of a HOSTS file? I was experiencing something similar to what you described above, I’d accessed the site many a time in the past, then one day I got an error message. Nothing I did changed it and finally I gave up until one day it happened again to another important site I accessed regularly. Turns out that the IP for the sites I was trying to get to had changed but the program I was using (TweakDUN) was still resolving to the old IP addresses.

The idea behind using the HOSTS file is that if you can resolve IP addresses on your own computer instead of waiting for a DNS server to do it, you can cut the time required to find a Web site. If you have a slow connection or if the servers are very busy, you can indeed shave a few seconds off the connection time of your most used sites. Or on the rare occasion when DNS servers are down, you might even be able to continue to use the Web.

Are you running a web accelerator? These, often times freeware, programs optimize your internet access or blocks pop-ups by means of a HOSTS file? I was experiencing something similar to what you described above, I’d accessed the site many a time in the past, then one day I got an error message. Nothing I did changed it and finally I gave up until one day it happened again to another important site I accessed regularly. Turns out that the IP for the sites I was trying to get to had changed but the program I was using (TweakDUN) was still resolving to the old IP addresses.

The idea behind using the HOSTS file is that if you can resolve IP addresses on your own computer instead of waiting for a DNS server to do it, you can cut the time required to find a Web site. If you have a slow connection or if the servers are very busy, you can indeed shave a few seconds off the connection time of your most used sites. Or on the rare occasion when DNS servers are down, you might even be able to continue to use the Web.

I'll look and see. Thanks very much.

Back