Trouble with sh.org

Sounds like your DNS was not being updated.  The DNS resolves the name of the site to an IP address.  So if your DNS server did not have an updated entry for that then you would not be able to get there.  If it happens again try going using the IP address (69.93.47.244) for the site.  If they are up and running then that should get you there regardless of the DNS.
I sent Dennis a note asking for the IP address to see if I could ping it, but he hadn't gotten back to me before I was able to access again. I will keep the IP that you gave me though, thanks.

Try taking the www out.  I have to set up that way

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095472129 -->

A few months ago, I had the same problem with SH. I was using Netscape which worked on every site except SH for almost two weeks. My assumption was that the site was down. I decided to try IE, and it came up fine, then a few days later it started working again with Netscape.

I also do this for a living
Stop asking us to do your job!
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

Okay, had to resurrect this one. Have done all the things I did previously and that folks have suggested. Can't get their by DNS or IP address. I can even get to TMH.com, but not to the sister site.

Okay, had to resurrect this one.  Have done all the things I did previously and that folks have suggested.  Can't get their by DNS or IP address.  I can even get to TMH.com, but not to the sister site.
Where are you trying to hit the site from? (us/overseas)

forgot..can you do a trace route to the destination ip? if so where does it die? does it die on your lan? or wan? or at the isp?

<!--EDIT|04busaVA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098532077 -->

I time out at the 21st hop trying to get to sh.org. Interestingly, I time out at the 19th hop trying to get to this site and I make it all the way through in 17 hops going to TMH.com (the sh.org sister site).

Okay, had to resurrect this one. Have done all the things I did previously and that folks have suggested. Can't get their by DNS or IP address. I can even get to TMH.com, but not to the sister site.
Might be a silly question, but what is "TMH"? Went to tmh.com and it was a link page. Went to tmh.org and it was Tennessee Medical Hospital
smile.gif

Okay, had to resurrect this one.  Have done all the things I did previously and that folks have suggested.  Can't get their by DNS or IP address.  I can even get to TMH.com, but not to the sister site.
Might be a silly question, but what is "TMH"?  Went to tmh.com and it was a link page.  Went to tmh.org and it was Tennessee Medical Hospital
smile.gif
<a href="http://www.themotorhead.com">The MotorHead.com<a>

Back