Trouble with sh.org

BigBSBusa

Comin' back stronger than ever!
Donating Member
Registered
Just wondering if I am the only one having difficulty getting the sh.org site to come up. I've not been able to get to it for a week now because it gives me a Gateway Timeout error. I haven't been getting messages about replies to posts either which makes me wonder. Also, does anyone have The Motorhead's (Dennis) e-mail addy? I need to place an order with him.

Thanks.

Same URL I had been using, PF. No luck with the link either. Same Gateway Timeout error and contact the administrator as the resolution. I would think it was something on my end, but I can get to this forum and other forums/websites without difficulty.

rock.gif
Don't know what to tell you. I can log in and send mh a email, but I cannot view his address. PM me your email address and I will send him a message that you need to contact him.

Bigbs, I have to start getting ready for work, I sent MH a PM letting him know that you need to contact him, and a link to this thread.

You couldn't get to a link on one of my posts either, but I still don't have a problem with any of them. Might be time to clear your browser cache, maybe go to www.cnet.com and download adaware?

Thanks, already did that about 5 times. I'm not sure if there are too many hops between my location and the sh.org server. The problem I had with your link is that it did not include everything for the URL.

That wouldn't explain why it would work for me, on any computer I use. I just tried the links (all three on the thread) on 5 different computer, and was able to get to all of them. Have you looked at your IE security settings, activeX and the like?

Yep, did that too. Nothing has changed since last week when I was logged on to the site.

Do you have Windows XP? If so, I can log onto your system and take a look around if you like. (This is what I do for a living), or would that be a hostile invasion on government property?

Man, you guys are sharp. I'm pretty proficient with software, but all that technical stuff just throws me in left field...
smile.gif

Have u tried a different browser? Or if you are using IE, have u checked 'Tools | Internet Options -> Connections tab -> Lan Settings' and then uncheck
'automatically detect settings' and
'use automatic configuration script'

Do u use a proxy server? If not, make sure the checkbox below in the proxy server section is unchecked.

Clear your cache again like others said, and try again.

If you have a 'hosts' file, usually in C:\winnt\ or C:\windows, maybe pop it up here... There typically shouldn't really be anything in there except maybe one entry for localhost. Hope it helps.

--Chris

Thanks for all the ideas guys! Most of them I had already tried before posting. Like Epicrisis said, I also do this for a living. Not sure what happened, but today I got to the site without any problems so all is good. Thanks for the helpful suggestions.

Sounds like your DNS was not being updated. The DNS resolves the name of the site to an IP address. So if your DNS server did not have an updated entry for that then you would not be able to get there. If it happens again try going using the IP address (69.93.47.244) for the site. If they are up and running then that should get you there regardless of the DNS.

Back