A different thread.....

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
So we have been consumed with gun and knife and 2nd ammendment threads... (Nothing wrong with them at all) but I wanted to make sure we were all grounded on what we (Hayabusa.org) is all about...

Let's toss out collectively our favorite memories...

For me....

1. The Man Trips....
2. Passing Vabusa in an elevator and not realizing who she was until a few hours later...
3. Having 30 people sleeping at my house and telling jokes until wee hours of the morning and enjoying every minute of it...
4. Watching a huge group of people walking down the hill from the Phillips wearing Pink shirts..
5. Riding 1000 miles with 3 good friends in 2 days only to spend 5 more with them riding all day at the dragon and then riding 1000 miles home..
6. Learning from the Professor how to be the best on the dragstrip..
7. Sitting at Eureka springs in the parking lot and realizing Im surrounded by awesome people.
8. Going to Omar's house to work on Bessie when McMustang was deployed to Afghanistan.
9. Laughing on the radio so hard that I had to pull over and catch my breath and wipe the tears from my eyes.
10 Not so funny then but to think about an animated snake spinning at 80mph.....

What's yours?

cap

Number 5 on your list is on my highlight reel.

To add,

1) A friend riding to your house 600 miles to load up and ride another 2400 through several different states and having Uncle Steve surprise you on I-40.
2) Having a group of friends show up and to ride Tallahena with you.
3) Taking someone who has never been West of Tulsa to Breckenridge, only to cut yourself with a knife opening some ear buds and still having the time of your life checking out Pikes Peak.
4) Getting sun burnt and tired watching drag races only to grill steaks at 2am laughing histerically at jokes. And, getting and OHP esccort to the track that morning.
5) Getting my knee down for the first time in Eureka Springs and helping others do the same.

I could go on....Years of good memories for me...

1) getting nothing for Chrismas but having the best one I ever had watching the kids rip theirs open.
2) Riding to Robbinsville to meet a bunch of crazy people (per my wife) I met online. And I proved her wrong,
None of y'all turned out to be Internet physcho killers :laugh:
3) owning a bike I never ride. I stare at it alot, if that counts.
4) sharing good times up in the Nc April cold with said crazy Internet friends.
5) sitting by the side of the little Tn river at the bash.
6) being a member here and enjoying it all. Reminds me of summer camp.

Captain's 3, 4, 6, 7, and 10
TwotoneVert's 4 and 5
Blanca's 2, 4, and 6

+ mine
1) Riding 530 miles to get breakfast at Waffle House, to turn around and ride through the cold, pouring rain at night to get back home.
2) Spending a few hours redoing the tie downs on a borrowed trailer instead of getting some sleep before convoying out to the Bash
3) Following someone's GPS for 1 1/2 hours to get to the closest Best Buy so they could replace the battery in their camera, only to get to the Best Buy Knitting and Quilting Supply store.
4) Meeting the Flicka's in the rain as the only riders to show up at the dam for the photo shoot.
5) Hayabusa track days at Miller, Barber, Hallett, and Heartland
6) Pretty much any time there have been 2 or more Busa riders getting together to ride.

Awesome thread Capt.: 1. Riding to Robbinsville the first time. 2. Riding the Dragon the first time. 3. Meeting the group I ride with most around here. 4. My first time above 150 mph. 5. Meeting you guys my 2nd visit to the Dragon. 6. finally, people to debate and irritate who don't run when they see me coming. 7. following EarlyBird and VaBusa through fog covered Mt.s of N.C. 8. Hiding the fact that I crashed and broke my shoulder from my wife and telling her I was going to 7-11 when I went to patient first. 9. My sv650 - looked like a bear on a tricycle. 10. when we realized we put our gear in the washer rather than the dryer to dry them out. 11. Watching VaBusa head off down the road when I was 100% sure one or both of us was going to not get home.

1. going to the bash meeting the online folks in person
2. going to Midwest meet and great to meet more online folks
3. going to eureka springs to meet even more online folks
4. getting to share stories, jokes, food, riding and the best of times with all the online org folks I've met so far.
5. learning how to do things to my bike from tutorials posted by amazing people
6. learning new skills from amazing people
7. shopping for the right stuff because of the advice from my brothers and sisters on the org!
8. watching families grow
I could go on forever. looking forward to meeting a whole lot more of the org family sharing stories and learning new skills and how to do the right things to the bike

very appreciative to be part of such an awesome community

Sent from iPhone using Forum Runner

Back