A Crime?

ItsPaul

Registered
Looking for opinions on my 99....

Recently picked up a 99 black and gray thats all stock except 2 Bros bolt ons and a mismatched hump.
I am already getting in the mood to tinker... Be it Machining lighter parts for fun or even maybe some day a mild (4-6") stretch(look is growing on me / hate wheelies) and over the top maybe some day!a stage 1 rcc turbo....(would probably not cut the original fairings).

Should I leave the 99 alone and ride it till I cant take it anymore , sell it to get a newer non novelty year...
Or just play with this one?... Feel bad to modify a first year model but maybe its not as special as I think it is...???
Any opinions?

If it is a really nice bike, I would find a matching hump and leave it alone. If it has been hacked on already, do what you want to it. They are not building anymore and I suspect that the '99's will be very collectible someday.

if it was copper it wud be a little more special but even that is not all that desirable. just modify the thing and have fun with it. it will be many moons before its considered "Collectable" and worth money.

u don't need to cut anything to run the stag 1 turbo. filter fits behind fairing but ull hav to have an exhaust vs dump pipe. not a long exhaust but somthn. RCC makes one. I thought about putting a little exhaust on mine cause I'm sick of always smelling like exhaust fumes whenever I go out riding from the dump pipes.

iu don't need to cut anything to run the stag 1 turbo. filter fits behind fairing but ull hav to have an exhaust vs dump pipe. not a long exhaust but somthn. RCC makes one. I thought about putting a little exhaust on mine cause I'm sick of always smelling like exhaust fumes whenever I go out riding from the dump pipes.[/QUOTE

One of my favorite things about the turbos is the air cleaner and dump pipes sticking out the front...
But you know... I never thought about the exhaust fumes sticking to you... Interesting point.. And if I rode it to work that wouldnt fly...
Wow.. What a point....

Back