A couple of needs in Busa' accessory land.......

Spudley

Grippin' and Rippin'
Donating Member
Registered
Hey there Board,

Love this site.  Glad my friend John here in Vegas referred me here.  Recently purchased an 05' Red Busa.  Love the bike, absolutley overwhelmed to finally be an owner.  

Need advice on a few things.  First of all, who runs what alarm, and which is considered the best value ?.  Recently purchased a pair of Xena disc locks, and now want to take it up a notch as here in Vegas I need insurance to take her out at night or she may not be there when I come out of a restaurant.  No Bueno.

Secondly, who runs what tank bag, and rear accessory bag package for when a longer ride is in order ?.  Have looked at Frank Thomas, Joe Rocket, Marsee etc.  Have no doubt that long travel will eventually be a part of her life.  :  ))

Lastly, for now, who has what helmet communication package ?.  Would like to get a cell / music interface, of sorts, for an ipod / cell arrangement.  Currently have a Shoei RF 1000.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hyabusas kick butt...mmmkay.  

GBA,  

Adam Lowry
Las Vegas

First of all, who runs what alarm, and which is considered the best value ?.  

<span style='color:red'>Aritronix makes a Scorpio alarm that is very popular, but Internatrix has come up with one that is less expensive but getting some pretty good reviews.</span>

Secondly, who runs what tank bag, and rear accessory bag package for when a longer ride is in order ?.  

<span style='color:red'>Givi, Joe Rocket and FieldSheer make some good tank bags. Corbin Beetle bags are the most popular storage kits for the back.</span>

Lastly, for now, who has what helmet communication package ?.  

<span style='color:red'>Chatterbox.</span>

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128206685 -->

I'm using an Eclipse Contour magnetic bag. Very happy with it.

Can't help with the others.

Congrats and welcome
smile.gif

Welcome!

+1 on Chatterbox.

Don't have a tank bag, yet. But, I've been looking at some magnetic mounts from Tour Master.

Adam,
First welcome. PICS! I grew up in Vegas, go back every now and then....
Comms, I use Chatterbox - I run my mini-disk player throught my X2. If you have a Nokia phone then you can run that as well.....
I have an ICON Urban tank bag, decent space, several compartments, turns into a backpack with a helmet space....I like it a lot.
Just a thought.

Thank you for the welcome !!.

Okay, I'll start the hunt for all recommended products and see where I end up. Also looking into a TRE as everyone in these parts say it's the hot-ticket. Will also get out the digital and snap a shot for the signature, although I can't seem to find a hottie that will pose with the bike. She's bone stock right now. Will shoot the bike in the meantime. Also looking at some striped red/black inner panels. Look awful nice.

Goin' shoppin' again. Shoppin's good...mmkay.

GBA, A.

Back