99 busa wont turn over.

mike04busa

Registered
Hey everyone,A buddy of mine purchased a lightly crashed 99 busa.The problem is that it wont crank.The flasher relay was missing so I put mine in to see if it would work.When you turn the key on and the red on/off switch on it won't crank.It act's like it is not getting a signal from the red switch.The fuel pump will not run,the temp guage rest's on hot,and no crank(my bike does the same thing when the key is on and the kill switch os off).If you jump the solenoid it will turn over.I checked all the switches with an ohm meter and they all open and close.I does the same thing as a normal running bike would do if the kill switch was turned off,but it wont turn on.No reaction when you turn the killswitch on.I forgot to bring my manual with me when I went to look at it,so I could not tell where the wire's went at that time.We jumped the tip over switch aso and no go.I have not gone over there with the manual yet.He has to get a flasher relay and then I can go try to figure it out.Any hint's would be helpful.I hope that is enough info.Thank's.

Last edited:
I know this an old thread with no responses,But I finally got the bike over my house tonight and with the repair manual in hand and figured it out.There were three wire's broken in the right side handlebar switch harness right where they go through the metal holder on the left side of the steering head.Just thought it might help someone else out someday.

Maybe we can get DocDrop to pony up some hootch. He seemed to like that.

Back