8x13 trailer with ramp..whats realistic

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
as im makeing plans for the fall bash i am securing equiptment to get there with. my fathers 99 ford f-250 superduty diesel (8 ft bed) and my freind has offered his flat n open 8ft x 13ft trailer with ramp...now how many busas on the trailer could i possibly fit safely and how many could i possibly get on the bed of the truck...and yes...i will be soliciting those in my area, or along the way,wanting to go and help share expenses (may need to drive or coordinate 2nd vehicle as wife and daughter and mom may make trip with us) yes i also have a cottage rented so may have room open and can bring air matresses too

Last edited:
1,2,3,4 4 Busa's ah ah ah:laugh:

2 in bed, 2 in the trailer. See Bigrod's post for tie down instructions for the 2 in the bed

count-von-count-sesame-street.jpg

ok...im still in planning phases...dads truck has 5th wheel in it..but its supposibly easy to pull out..

If you really want to get the most for your money I would say two in the bed of the truck but three on the trailer. One in the front and two over the axle. Proper tie downs would be important for this setup along with good wheel chocks. :beerchug:

yes want to secure them properly...naturaly if those plan on hitching a ride...i can coordinate with them the best way to get as many to go as possible

how much weight can the trailer haul? i.e trailer weight, what are the axles rated for?

Assuming the trailer is up to snuff you you could probably haul at least 4 bikes on it.

ill get more info from my freind on the trailer hauling weight..figure each bike 500 lbs so need to be at least 2000-2500 ... knowing him...it will be rated for more than that

2 in the bed and could fit 5 on that size of trailer. Or one in bed along with gear and stuff.....then 4 nicely on the tailer with spare space...:beerchug:

I can get 3 bikes on my 6.5x12 trailer. You should be able to get 4 on an 8x13. Don't forget to add the weight of the trailer when you are adding things up.

100_5232 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
I have a 6X12 and I can get 2 GEN II Busas and a GEN I in it. So you should be able to do at least the same. All three bikes in mine are extended, so that takes away space also. Good luck, GONE

Back