7500 mile maintenance

weav808

Registered
Yeah I know, why do I have an 08 with only 7600 miles on it. Between kids work and school and living in Hawaii, you get the point. I wanted to thank members of the board who posted suggestions on how to, as well as the maintenance book upload. I was able to change oil/filter, flush & replace coolant, bleed & replace brake/clutch fluid, spark plugs and clean my K&n filter in about 3 1/2 hours including fairing removal and install. I'm sure I saved a lot of money. Thanks to all.

Switched to engine ice, and the owners manual says change plugs @ 7500.:thumbsup: Clutch fluid was dirty so I decided to just change to Motul both brake and clutch.:beerchug:

I have found my own maint program. I change oil every 3-5K ( even though synthetic ) Plugs about every 5K, check everything about every 2k... :cool:

Switched to engine ice, and the owners manual says change plugs @ 7500.:thumbsup: Clutch fluid was dirty so I decided to just change to Motul both brake and clutch.:beerchug:

Good call, I'm an engine ice fan. The manual says to change the plugs to get you to buy them from the dealer lol. Seriously, iridium plugs will last at least 30k before needing changing. I have inspected some at 50k and they still looked great.

Every 3K I change the oil with synth. I change the coolant once a year and plugs every 7500 (I use iridium, whats $25?)

The gap was still good at 7500 miles. Could've re-installed them but.... I guess when you ride the best, you treat her the best:laugh:

Back