15,000 Mile Maintenance - Need Advice

TreyYoung

Registered
OK Team, I am at 15k miles. I have read the recommended service and see things like changing the plugs (also said change plugs @ 7k which i did not do), checking valve clearance, etc. Just looking for some guidance.

What would be the best plugs to use if needed (I have car plugs that I have not changed in 100k miles) ?
How much should I expect to pay a mechanic for checking valves & changing plugs? and is this usually packaged with oil & filter change?

Anything I should be looking for when I have this done??

Yes, I know these questions have already been asked at some point, and located somewhere in our notes; but I am to lazy, or too efficient (depending on how you look at it) to go look.

By the way, had the chance to run with a friend on his 2012 ZX-10. Both of us are about the same build and weight 230lbs suited. The ZX-10 is awesome but it did not pull on the Busa. I will be taking the Go-Pro with us this weekend. Few pics below:

Peyton.jpg

2012 ZX-10, 2011 Busa.jpg

Me.jpg

ZX-10, Busa, Nighthawk.jpg

Buy the recommended plugs , I'm too lazy to look that up for you. Forget the valves, change you're own plugs and oil. It will run you around $80 using zuki filter and oil.

Oem plugs are just fine(iridium).Depending on runnin hours instead mileage I changed mine round 20k miles.I'll check clearances round 33k.For city rides only , manufacturers recomendations are fair.They consider the worst conditions and the maximum runnin hours when they propose mileage limits.:beerchug:

Back