6k HID's or Xenons w/orange halos

Z28McCrory

Registered
Im wanting to do some "bling" to my bike.

Do you guys think 6k xenon or HID lights, with an orange halo around the main bulb would look good? The bike is a K8 Orange/Black.

I have 6k HID's on my 2006 and love them. But I've always wondered about halo lights, to be able to see them good it has to be night time, but at night time you have to have your headlight on to see, which inevitably detracts and makes it hard to see the halos. So I would recommend not getting the halos.

Ive seen halos on a HID'ed busa. The halos coudnt be seen past the eye blinding HID's. This rider turned off his headlights in the parking lots though just for the pimp-age! They were cool looking though.

i've heard that some have experienced problems with the halos getting too hot but it is just hearsay not firsthand experience...i do have the HID's on my bike and they are worth every penny!!!
beerchug.gif

I just sent RED halos back because the instructions inside said they would melt in 15min if the head light was left on!! WTF is that all about.basically they are only good for show bikes or you have to put an inline switch on your headlites and run without headlights.F-that.I wasnt going through the trouble of installing them (you have to put your headlight in the oven to be able to install the Halo) just to have the damn thin g melt on me..weather it really does melt or not,i wasnt taking that chance

Back