'59 Hummer project update (pics)

Dan

Married to HRH Grammy
Donating Member
Registered
Back in May I purchased a basket case Hummer (link). Work has been pretty demanding and I haven't been able to do as much with it as i would like but I did manage to tear it down and get a couple of pieces over to 00busaTX's and bead blast them.

I had originally wanted to rebuild the motor myself but after taking the top of the cylinder off, there was no way I was getting the piston out. I did some searching and found a local guy that specialize in restoring old Harley Hummers. I dropped off my motor about a month ago and got an e-mail yesterday saying it would be ready to pick up tomorrow.

Now for the pictures:

Tripple Tree before
DSC03381.jpg

After
DSC03385.jpg

Before
DSC03384.jpg

After
DSC03387.jpg

Engine Before
IMG_1441.jpg

After
dan21.jpg

dan17.jpg

Before
IMG_1447.jpg

After
dan22.jpg

Before
IMG_1445.jpg

After
dan23.jpg

.60 over piston
dan16.jpg

dan20.jpg

I'm also dropping off the frame for powder coating tomorrow too. :cheerleader:

The bike didn't have a speedometer and I was able to find this little NOS gem.

IMG_1470.jpg

Wow, looks like a lot of work, but I bet it's rewarding! Keep us posted Dan :bowdown:

Shows how much I know, I thought you were talking about the SUV type Hummer. Looks like you got it goin in the right direction. We want to see the end results.:thumbsup:

Christ its newer than me, that was not a basket case, prolly in it's second basket at least. S/B sweet, nice!

Very nice progress. I'm looking forward to seeing more pics too as they become available...

Back