500hp Gen 1

greg3852

Registered
Found this on local Craigslist. 500hp stock wheelbase? Should be interesting.

https://providence.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2004-suzuki-hayabusa-turbo/6571521630.html
00W0W_1w2Ye4tvxVm_600x450.jpg

00O0O_d5XZrCkUDiP_600x450.jpg

Hello I am selling my turbo Hayabusa. I am the motorcycle's only owner. The bike was purchased from Bettencourt's in Bridgewater, MA in 2005. When the motorcycle had around 6,000 miles on it I brought it to the late and great Dave Owen with hopes of getting into land speed racing in 2007. Shortly after the bike was completed Dave Owen passed away in a racing accident and that basically made me rethink the whole point of building this bike. The bike has never seen a track and the very few miles put on it were from back roads. The bike has had oil changes every year and the radiator fluid has been changed 3 times since the motor work. The bike maxed out the dyno at 500hp 285 ft lbs of torque. The dyno could only measure up to 500hp, but this turbo setup and motor work should be in the 510-520 hp range. This was on c16 with 32lbs of boost. The bike has 7,185 miles on it as it sits. Under 1k miles on the motor since it was built.

2004 SUZUKI HAYABUSA
JE turbo pistons with heavy duty wrist pins.
Carrillo H beam connecting rods
Lock up clutch with billet basket
One piece center hub
Heavy duty output shaft
Undercut 2nd gear
Stock intake cam exhaust cam is not stock (I don't remember the duration Dave went with)
Counter balancer removed
Power commander pc3r
$1300 head work from Harry's Machined Parts
½ inch head studs
High oil pressure mod.
Muzzy aluminum cooling fan with additional fan from schnitz racing wired to toggle switch
Drag racing Hayabusa oil pan with pick up
Heavy duty clutch springs
MC-XPRESS 58/12 KKK TURBO KIT TWIN SCROLL with air/air intercooler. Builds boost at low rpm which is awesome for street and supports 500hp+. Kit uses a piggy back system with 4 additional injectors in the plenum. Kit was purchased for $9,500 in 2007.

With assembly and tuning I was into this motor for $20,000 give or take. I am sure I am forgetting a lot of things but I wanted the motor to be built to handle the power. As the bike sits it is set around 8-10 psi and should be around 280ish hp. I have never used it higher except on the dyno. Add c16 and increase boost and you can kill yourself very quick. I don't have to sell this bike and I really don't want to, but as you get older priority's change. I would feel comfortable selling this bike to someone who respects and fears it and would give it a good home as this bike means a lot to me from the memories I spent with Dave during the planning and building before his passing. Asking $15,000 . I will try to answer all questions to the best of my ability. The last thing I want is to be handing out test rides so cash in my hand if you are serious. Not interested in trades of any kind

Last edited:
Found this on local Craigslist. 500hp stock wheelbase? Should be interesting.

https://providence.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2004-suzuki-hayabusa-turbo/6571521630.html
View attachment 1580717

View attachment 1580718

Hello I am selling my turbo Hayabusa. I am the motorcycle's only owner. The bike was purchased from Bettencourt's in Bridgewater, MA in 2005. When the motorcycle had around 6,000 miles on it I brought it to the late and great Dave Owen with hopes of getting into land speed racing in 2007. Shortly after the bike was completed Dave Owen passed away in a racing accident and that basically made me rethink the whole point of building this bike. The bike has never seen a track and the very few miles put on it were from back roads. The bike has had oil changes every year and the radiator fluid has been changed 3 times since the motor work. The bike maxed out the dyno at 500hp 285 ft lbs of torque. The dyno could only measure up to 500hp, but this turbo setup and motor work should be in the 510-520 hp range. This was on c16 with 32lbs of boost. The bike has 7,185 miles on it as it sits. Under 1k miles on the motor since it was built.

2004 SUZUKI HAYABUSA
JE turbo pistons with heavy duty wrist pins.
Carrillo H beam connecting rods
Lock up clutch with billet basket
One piece center hub
Heavy duty output shaft
Undercut 2nd gear
Stock intake cam exhaust cam is not stock (I don't remember the duration Dave went with)
Counter balancer removed
Power commander pc3r
$1300 head work from Harry's Machined Parts
½ inch head studs
High oil pressure mod.
Muzzy aluminum cooling fan with additional fan from schnitz racing wired to toggle switch
Drag racing Hayabusa oil pan with pick up
Heavy duty clutch springs
MC-XPRESS 58/12 KKK TURBO KIT TWIN SCROLL with air/air intercooler. Builds boost at low rpm which is awesome for street and supports 500hp+. Kit uses a piggy back system with 4 additional injectors in the plenum. Kit was purchased for $9,500 in 2007.

With assembly and tuning I was into this motor for $20,000 give or take. I am sure I am forgetting a lot of things but I wanted the motor to be built to handle the power. As the bike sits it is set around 8-10 psi and should be around 280ish hp. I have never used it higher except on the dyno. Add c16 and increase boost and you can kill yourself very quick. I don't have to sell this bike and I really don't want to, but as you get older priority's change. I would feel comfortable selling this bike to someone who respects and fears it and would give it a good home as this bike means a lot to me from the memories I spent with Dave during the planning and building before his passing. Asking $15,000 . I will try to answer all questions to the best of my ability. The last thing I want is to be handing out test rides so cash in my hand if you are serious. Not interested in trades of any kind
Hopefully it likes being on the street and cruising around...looks like it is pretty well set up.

Now you'll be on the other side of "license and registration please"

Back