4th gear "lurching"?

ThatsMrGimp2U

Registered
Hey guys, i just picked up a new pita on the bike. When im cruising in 4th gear, between 3-4k rpms, between 5 and 15% throttle, the bike bucks. The revs dont go up, its almost as if the chain is loose, even under minimal acceleration. (Its tight btw). Im -1 tooth in the front and +2 in the back. Anyone else have a similar problem?

yep, I had a chain failing at about 16k

prop the back up off the ground, start the bike, and put it in gear and watch the chain... I bet you got a link that is tight and it will be pretty obvious.... the fix: new chain..(and likely gears)

I thought mine was a surge initially as well... at an even cruise the bike would surge and felt like an engine issue.. now how something like a tight link in a worn out chain would do this takes a stretch of imagination but it happens (someone else said they had this happen first time I posted it)..

only takes a second to look at the chain at least (and is free) :) how many miles are on chain?

I thought mine was a surge initially as well... at an even cruise the bike would surge and felt like an engine issue.. now how something like a tight link in a worn out chain would do this takes a stretch of imagination but it happens (someone else said they had this happen first time I posted it)..

only takes a second to look at the chain at least (and is free) :) how many miles are on chain?

+1 to what Bogus said also are you running a PC?

15k tops, but im pretty sure its more like 7k. (Bought the bike used, stretch was the last thing done) Yeah i have a PC and it seems on a rich map it doesent do it as bad, but its still noticeable. Im a bit low on money, if i found a bad link you think i could replace it with a master?

Back