4" over or 6"?

gsx1300rr

Registered
I need some experience based recommendations, I recently built my bike & put a RCC turbo on it- 267hp and 150 tq. I talked to a couple guys with a stretched busa & zx14 (non turbo bikes) who were stretched 4" over and they both could take off like a bat out of hell (running mid to high 8's) and the one guy said 6" over just made him spin the back tire. My gearing is 19/43 and I still pull the tire up in 3rd

Does 4" sound like a better choice or because of the power should I go 6"? I do a lot of roll ones, maybe launching it a little. I would like to take it to the track maybe 2-3 times but for the most part it is completely street ridden. Any thoughts on where I should start?

Perfect, thanks for the info. I will go with 4". Are most of the swing arms adjustable for say 4-9" or 4-6" or are they set to one size? When I get a innercooler I plan on turning the boost up quite a bit and if I can spend a little more now and avoid buying 2 swing arms I'd do it.
Posted via Mobile Device

There are all kinds of swingarms available. Some have a short adjustment and some a wide adjustment. Since your main use is still the street I would go with a +1 to +5.

There are all kinds of swingarms available. Some have a short adjustment and some a wide adjustment. Since your main use is still the street I would go with a +1 to +5.

I think I found my winner; mcintosh arm 2-6 over chromolly powder coated black, comes with matching billet chain guard,bearings,axle. :thumbsup:

Terry does great work and he's a super nice guy. Tell him Ken says "Hi".
btw, I have the same exact arm you're thinking about.

I think I found my winner; mcintosh arm 2-6 over chromolly powder coated black, comes with matching billet chain guard,bearings,axle. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Terry did an awesome job on mine. I absolutely love it. You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also have a McIntosh(alumipro)2"-6" with bottle bracket,chainguard,etc., powdercoated black and set at about 4.5",really a quality piece of equipment.:thumbsup:

Terry does great work and he's a super nice guy. Tell him Ken says "Hi".
btw, I have the same exact arm you're thinking about.

Very cool! Can you post a pic? I am curious to see what it looks like on the bike. I am ordering it through the guy who built my bike (Rick @ Ricks Custom Cycle.) so I probably won't have any interactions with Terry. Although, when I was researching the swingarm I did find TONS of positive feedback about Terry and his customer service. Sounds like a good guy.

I guess it will be 2-3 weeks before I can get one here, install it and post pics though.

You'll love it! Mc stepped up his game a few years back and has become the best in the business since then. I gotta back Ohio boys lol! As for length, it's all in the set-up. I was 6 out, and was at the point I was either lifting or blowing the tire off. I went 2" longer, and re-adjusted my shock. Just gotta go for what works best, but if your street riding alot, keep it under 8. I reccomend, no more than 4-6 if your a curve rider:thumbsup:

A pic of my McINTOSH arm,think they're the nicest arm out there.:thumbsup:

IMG_0225-2.jpg

A pic of my McINTOSH arm,think they're the nicest arm out there.:thumbsup:

IMG_0225-2.jpg

Nice, I like the length! Is that +4? I will def not go over 4" to start. I want a a good balance of performance/streetability for the HP it has. The swingarm should be here this week if not early next week, as soon as I get it I will put it on and post a pic.

I just uploaded a little footage from sat on youtube. As you can see, the stock wheel base just doesn't let you floor it unless you are in 3rd.

- Turbo Hayabusa[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, I like the length! Is that +4? I will def not go over 4" to start. I want a a good balance of performance/streetability for the HP it has. The swingarm should be here this week if not early next week, as soon as I get it I will put it on and post a pic.

It's set at about 4.5" in the pic.:thumbsup:

Back