3rd generation is here.......

......And it's gone electric....

Just kidding...But has anyone heard of this bike before, it looks just like the Suzukl Hayabusa only its electric and has::
9â€￾ DC
100kW (130hp)
172 ftlbs torque
6000+ rpm
V2 Rocket | Brutus Electric Motorcycle

[/MEDIA]

Jeremiah-Johnson-Brutus.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
always wanted to ride an electric bike. this one actually looks normal, most look like some kind of life size lego bike.

I think there are going to be a lot more electric motorcycles in the years to come because the gas prices are just to dang high...

I really do believe the folks over at Suzuki are working on the 3rd gen. hayabusa right now as i type this and it's going to be electric, it will be avail. in 2016.....Ask me how i know this?....well let's just say i have some good friends over at Suzuki... :)

The Suzuki Hayabusa used to be a nice bike but ever since the put that 'Mode Selector' thingy on there [Gen.2] i never quite understood.....They could have came up with ten or more different ideas but nope it had to be a 'MODE SELECTOR' which has no use what-so-ever.....
kawasaki has the right idea, there method of a better bike goes into performance and not 'training wheels'.....

I hate to say it folks but the hayabusa has lost its title because the folks at suzuki were too busy in the 'training wheel dept'....

I bow to you KAWASAKI,you deserve it...

I think there are going to be a lot more electric motorcycles in the years to come because the gas prices are just to dang high...

I really do believe the folks over at Suzuki are working on the 3rd gen. hayabusa right now as i type this and it's going to be electric, it will be avail. in 2016.....Ask me how i know this?....well let's just say i have some good friends over at Suzuki... :)

Haha....not just NO but heck no! :rofl:

I don't think it has anything to do with gas prices, motorcycles are already way more economical than 99.9% of cars. Electric is only going to cost people more and you've got to charge the thing. Once the government isn't getting the gas tax, they are going to start charging you in other ways...

If Suzuki releases an electric Hayabusa they may as well pack up shop because they are out of business!

Haha....not just NO but heck no! :rofl:

I don't think it has anything to do with gas prices, motorcycles are already way more economical than 99.9% of cars. Electric is only going to cost people more and you've got to charge the thing. Once the government isn't getting the gas tax, they are going to start charging you in other ways...

If Suzuki releases an electric Hayabusa they may as well pack up shop because they are out of business!

Hey, you never know....Look at Harley Davidson's new electric motorcycle.... Times are changing and everyone's going electric..

Problem is no one (or almost no one) can afford one.

I agree that price is currently the biggest barrier to acceptance (other than range issues). One of the supposed benefits is that there are no maintenance costs for electric bikes other than tires and brakes (OK, maybe brake fluid at some point too). I saw Mission Motorcycles on an episode of Jay Leno's garage and I bet they said "no maintenance" a dozen times. But that really doesn't matter when they are talking about a motorcycle that costs 30-70 thousand dollars depending on which model you buy. It's not so bad on the Zero's but those bikes are still way too high for what they are, which is basically a commuter bike. For the cost of the Zero dual sport I could buy 2 KLR650s brand new!

I'm sure electric bikes will get better and someday, cheaper, but until someone finds a way to finance one of the "super-bikes" https://www.mission-motorcycles.com/, Lightning Electric Motorcycle Fastest Electric MotorcycleLightning Motorcycles for a long enough term that mere mortals can afford it (speaking for myself of course, I hope you all have so much money you don't know how you'll ever spend it) I don't think you'll see them hit the mainstream.

Back