#3 Cylinder Will Not Fire

Slowboy

Registered
Needing help my #3 cylinder is not firing. I have removed the plug and coil and tried them in the 2 and 4 and they worked just fine and also when bike is running I have unplug the coil on #4 and bikes dies but when I try to do it on 3 it doesn't do anything at all. Could it be a bad wire harness?

What about the plug ? You know the do fail / wear out / get fouled . factory service recommends replacement every 7500 miles on plugs

Is no. 3 plug coming out 'wet' after cranking/running? If it's dry, you could have a failed injector.
Are you getting any loss of power, at the upper end of the rev range?
Have you put it in 'dealer mode', to find any fault codes, if so, what are the codes?
From memory C024, 025, 026, 027 are cylinder misfire codes.
I was chasing non firing 2 and 3 cylinders on my bike for ages, loss of power and misfires around 9000+ revs, it turned out to be a faulty ckps (crankshaft position sensor).

Hey guy o think I found my problem. I might have messed up. When I was having issues with the bike starting I was messing with the adjustment screws on the throttle bodies do you think that could be the cause of the bike running so bad??

Back