3 accidents in 4 years - Decisions, decisons

Ok guys, let me be clear here. It is not my habits. I don't have bad habits.

ALL of these situations, I could not avoid being hit. It was not my fault. I cannot control cagers talking on cell phones and not paying attention and hitting me when I am stopped. If you are going through a green light, how can I avoid that accident as well? Drunk driver ran red light and hit car than hit my buddies bike and my bike at the same time. So you see.....it was not my fault in any of these situations. There is nothing that I can change to stop someone from hitting me. If there was a issue of "ME", I would change ME.....but I cannot change ME when it was not me that caused these accidents.

Definately stop riding. No joke. Stop riding.

Ok, guys I need some feedback. I have been riding bikes for a good while (Over 7 years). The last 4 years I have been hit 3x by cars. None of these accidents are my fault. I have been rearended 2x and 2 weeks ago, I got hit by a drunk driver. Every accident the bike was totaled. What do I do? Do I throw in my chips and say forget riding or I get back in the seat again? I am frustrated in getting a nice bike (Hayabusa) and than you put money in the bike and than when a cager hits you, your bike gets screwed and you lose money, get hurt, and than you feel like crap....cause again someone caused you problems. What would you do? I live in Ohio....any members can tell me where I can get a great deal on a new 2008 Black and Orange if I decide to ride again? I am willing to drive even to local state and trailer bike even if the deal is good and if I am going to get another bike. I am indecision on which way to go. I have had nightmares almost every night since that accident....but I am a tough SOB that I know it is just cause I need to get on the seat again and I would be ok. Am I crazy to get another bike? My wife is supportive and is willing to help me get another if I decide to go that route......I am just not sure.....please get me good advice...

There was a guy on here trying to sell his 08 blk and orange(I thnk) with 5 year service plan and tons of extras for 7000. Dude u gotta get back in the saddle and ride. If u decide to cash in ur chips and don't ride, make sure u stick around we would still love to have ya!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Didn't read the whole thread, but a couple of suggestions.

1) Perhaps change how you ride. (Many suggestions already about riding technique.)
2) Perhaps change where you ride. Avoid the more highly congested roads.
3) Perhaps changes when you ride. Avoid rush hours and times when drunks more heavily populate the roads.

Good luck.

Cell phones equipped cages AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! The only reason I would be a cop would be to throw the book at people driving while talking/ TEXTING! on their cell phones. I'm sure if they injured or killed one of their freinds/loved ones while phucking with their phone or READING A BOOK behind the wheel...they wouldn't take the responsibility of driving with such carelessness.
Dude YOU are lucky, so very lucky. You should be dead going by the general statistics. Seems like the problem is the place you live and ride. Everything that happens to you happens for a reason, and it is up to you to interpolate and extract the relevant meaning.
If you keep coming back for more then you asked for it. Simple lesson from the hard knock life. Stay vertical bro. :rulez:

always leave an escape route .Even when stopped at a light .Never stop thinking what you'll do if this hapens or a car from that dirrection happens .
You're like a fly in a room full of people with flyswatters. Use you speed ,agility and wits to stay alive.

Go ahead and get another one !
Colorado have realy deals on busas I paid 8K for my Blue 08 with 2600 miles on it
Look on craigslist you ill find orange and black for 8600

Drunk driver.....no insurance, had 2 warrants for his arrest, and was hit and run...got 6 tickets....my insurance will cover...under the uninsured motorist. The accident before...only $25,000....I was not looking to make money. It was pain and suffering from torn acl. The accident before was a hit and run....again my insurance had to deal with it....they end up finding the guy....again...he had no insurance....sucks. People forget you buy a bike....put custom stuff on it....even when you are hit and it is total lost...they don't pay you for all the loss of the custom stuff on your bike as well as the worth of the bike....You do lose money on you bike after it is totalled. You aren't making money.

You need much more than $25,000 of UM coverage on your cars and bikes. I have $3million in UM and it cost about $650 a year to cover three cars( Honda, Mazda and Ferrari), KTM and my Busa. Just think if you would have been permanently disabled or killed... could you or your family live on that $25,000 in UM coverage? Don't skip on your UM coverage...there are too many people out there with no or minimum liability coverage. Frank Parker, www.deminglaw.com

Thanks for responding and telling us you didn't take it the wrong way.

As far as the modulators, I have them on both front and rear lights. I use a Kissan PathBlazer on the lowbeam. It modulates in bright daylight. It will stop in the shade, tunnels, or at dusk. I have only had one cager flash his lights at me during the day. I have not had even one pull-out close call since installing it. I liked the results so much I put a set on my FJR. On that bike it only works on the highbeam. I will be changing that as soon as I can find the correct parts to set it up on the lowbeam.

With the Back-Off modules I have not had any close calls from the back. I set mine up to use the rapid flash when I first brake, then it flashes intermittently as long as I hold the brake on. I have also noticed that cagers haven't been stopping as close to me since installing it. I know it has made a difference with cagers seeing me on the road.

I won't ride without either one installed on any of my bikes. I will be putting one on my trailer when I get it. It really does pay to make yourself visible.

Hopefully your insurance adjuster will give you a fair deal on everything. I supplied all of my receipts when I wrecked the 04, and insurance paid for every item I had listed.

Back