2nd Gear Low RPM Problem

DJones89

Registered
Noticed today when im in 2nd gear at roughly 3700 rpm bike wants to fall on its face. Its a 06 with daul yosh slips and power commander.

Does anyone know whats causing this to happen? Is this a problem something i need to get looked at? Should i try 93 octane gas instead of 87?

87 octain is the correct gas to be using. I'd be looking at the PC map first. With only slip ons, you don't need a PC so you can just disconnect it or load a 0 map and see if the problem continues.

How old are your spark plugs? When's the last time the throttle bodies were synced?

I have no idea how old the plugs are. And im guessing the throttle bodies have never been snyced. I just picked the bike up a month ago from a guy in va. When i purchased it she had 1400 miles. The guy said he never road it and that it has basically sat since being purchased new in 06. It had never had a oil change.

I have no idea how old the plugs are. And im guessing the throttle bodies have never been snyced. I just picked the bike up a month ago from a guy in va. When i purchased it she had 1400 miles. The guy said he never road it and that it has basically sat since being purchased new in 06. It had never had a oil change.
Wow what a waste of money. With all that sitting it could very well have some plugging in the fuel system/injectors. I'd put a double dose of seafoam in with a full tank of gas, ride it some to circulate the seafoam through the injectors, let it sit for at least a day to soak any stubborn clogs out, then ride the rest of the tank out. Be sure and open the throttle up some to get the best cleaning effect. And it wouldn't hurt to temporarily disconnect the pc to be sure thats not the issue.

Wow what a waste of money. With all that sitting it could very well have some plugging in the fuel system/injectors. I'd put a double dose of seafoam in with a full tank of gas, ride it some to circulate the seafoam through the injectors, let it sit for at least a day to soak any stubborn clogs out, then ride the rest of the tank out. Be sure and open the throttle up some to get the best cleaning effect. And it wouldn't hurt to temporarily disconnect the pc to be sure thats not the issue.

...and change the oil before you do any of the above.

...and change the oil before you do any of the above.

Yea i canged the oil the day i brought her home an since have put 800 miles on it. It runs great an i never noticed this problem due 2 rarely doing 30 mph. Thanks for the imput ill try the injector cleaner and new plugs wouldnt hurt either.

Back