2hip's operation overkill.

Okay, that second group of pictures are the Montana in January that I remember.

let me get this straight, because you are using hid bulbs for hid housings, this should give off a correct light output like a normal car equipped with this setup? why i ask is because i would think that it wouldn't affect the oncoming drivers/riders if it is adjusted correctly like the autos that come with this setup from the factory i.e. bmw & lexus.

that's correct. that's why i can put two 55w bulbs in a motorcycle and 2hip won't get flashed by oncoming cars. fx-r's are actually a retro friendly, modified version of an infinity fx45 light.

So you could put a bi xenon in place of the high beam projector correct? ??? (night time)
Then put a led in the low beam for a DRL correct? (daytime)

that's correct. that's why i can put two 55w bulbs in a motorcycle and 2hip won't get flashed by oncoming cars. fx-r's are actually a retro friendly, modified version of an infinity fx45 light.
very nice work!
Posted via Mobile Device

it's all painted and put back together. sexy as hell. will post pix in the AM, i'm tired.

0202000937.jpg

completed retro, in satin black

Both projectors are adjustable, up, down, side to side and interdependently correct? ???

btw; I'm on hold for my project, Wife shot it down. :(

Thanks for the pic of the headlight finished. That really helps me see what is going on and what you're talking about. I might have to reconsider this now that I know what the finished project looks like. :thumbsup:

Both projectors are adjustable, up, down, side to side and interdependently correct? ???

btw; I'm on hold for my project, Wife shot it down. :(

in a gen 1, they'd be independently adjustable. gen 2 is a bit different, but the factory adjusters still work. it needs to be adjusted CAREFULLY tho, the clearances inside are tight. i wanted the bezels to fill up the dead space and hide the bracket, so i trimmed as little as possible, but that leaves very little adjustment space inside.

maybe once your wife sees how much SAFER it is to ride with these lights, she'll say ok.

:beerchug: good job., I like them a lot, But I think there are going to be some ticked off drivers, and don't forget about the man. oh well.

it can also be done with 35w hid's. can save a bit more if you already have a pair of HID's. then i just get you new bulbs and some adapters.

Back