operation overkill

ogre

Call me Liberace!
Registered
is what i've decided to dub my latest retrofit undertaking. dual 55w bixenon retrofit. and let me tell you, just one 55w bixenon would be overkill, but the member in question decided that he wanted to go completely overboard. pics will probably be up tomorrow, not much to show tonight. but stay tuned, kids, it's gonna be a good one :thumbsup:

No such thing as Overkill

if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing, is that what you're saying? yea, i suppose. here's a mockup of what i want to do. 2hip gave me the ok to mention his name. initial impressions of these projectors are that they're super compact. about as small a body as you could put on a bixenon projector, actually. they're both going to fit inside the housing without modifying the exterior (which i'm pretty happy about). plenty of room front to back. i think i'm going to have a bracket made up, to simplify mounting, and make this a bit more repeatable.

0125001814.jpg

this was just sort of a preliminary "will it fit" check. and, thankfully, it fits:thumbsup:

huh, he might. i turned on the 55w setup in the projector, and pointed the sucker outside. easily more light than my double retro, and that's just out of one. i can't wait until both are on.

ok, i decided to have a bracket built, to hold both projectors securely and allow the factory adjusters to function normally. this should cut down turnaround time

What is the normal turn around for these. Mine will be on the way as soon as I get home from deployment. Wife couldn't get it out comfortably with possibly hurting something so I told her to wait..

There is never such a thing as overkill when it comes to your headlights and someone being able to see you. :thumbsup:

Back