240 Widetire kit problems

nappyboy

Registered
If this is already up here I apologize but I have never posted anything up here before. I have a 240 swingarm kit and my bike is stretched 10 inches. I am running the 1/4 inch offset sprocket but my chain is rubbing against the frame and the tire I have a 530 chain and I am running a vortex rear sprocket have anyone ever dealt with this problem before any suggestions on a fix. I would speak to the people that made my arm but he is completly clueless on how to resolve and its been a nightmare since he sent the arm out to me any advice would be appreciated my bike is a 2004 Hayabusa.

:welcome:
I am sure someone will chime in soon. Sounds to me like you need to adjust the wheel so that the chain has more tension to stop the frame rubbing and to keep it from rubbing the tire.
A picture would help if you can get one up.

do you still have the spacer installed? sometimes the counter shaft sprocket comes with an offset that does not require the spacer to be installed on the back side of the sprocket.

what arm do you have?

Your going to have to grind the frame, I had pictures of mine up until about a month ago and deleted them.

Your going to have to grind the frame, I had pictures of mine up until about a month ago and deleted them.

Thats how its done, grind away brother. The frame is pretty tough, I used a grinder and a Dremal with fair results. Ive heard that Carbid burs work well if you have a compressor

Oh, If ya dont go deep enough the chain will finish it up over time, but it will kill the chain. ask me how I know... But in the plus side, you can take more off and cant put any back.

Here you go

===================================================================

000_3285.jpg

I appreciate all of yall responses this is what I got my arm I got from a guy Charlotte name Willis Machines found him on craigslist the whole thing been a nightmare he sent me the arm no axle spacers wrong spacers for the wheels just a bunch of bull@#i@. I have some pics now I can see where the chain is rubbin the frame and is making its on path but I am just concerned with it either eating up the tire or just breaking the chain. But these are the pics please let me know what yall think or if I am on the right path or not.

swingarm problems 007.jpg

swingarm problems 008.jpg

swingarm problems 009.jpg

swingarm problems 010.jpg

swingarm problems 002.jpg

swingarm problems 011.jpg

swingarm problems 012.jpg

swingarm problems 013.jpg

swingarm problems 006.jpg

swingarm problems 005.jpg

It may be the angle of the picture but it looks like that chain is still rubbing pretty hard, I think I would get in there with a dremmel and finish off what that chain started, Its already got it marked for you. Also make sure you check the rivots on your chain and make sure you havent ground any down.

Do you have any pics from the rear, Is the tire offset to the right any. It more than likely should be.

Last edited:
I dont have any pics with it from the rear but that was my next move to go ahead and grind some of the frame off with a dremmel. My tire is sitting perfectly centered I dont know if I need to go with a 520 chain instead of the 530 or if grind the frame down some will help

I dont think I have ever seen a 240 sitting perfectly in the middle without a jackshaft but thats not to say it cant be done, But that may be why your into the frame so much and correct me if Im wrong but is the chain also hitting the tire.

I am no expert on this kit, but I would do what I had to get that chain off of the tire and wheel. Is there a spacer missing on that side? Welcome to the oRg.

Like Demmym said, there should be an offset front sproket, at least my kit has one. It will set the chain out towards the frame a bit. You will have to grind part of the sproket cover as well. Looks like you need to get in there and make room for the chain. No idea on spacers for ya.

Back