240 Wide Tire

bobk

Registered
Have any of you turbo guys gone to the 240 tire and if so have any of you run over 200 mph with it. I have this tire on my turbo and am contemplating gearing the bike for over 200 and have had some input that people think the tire may grow and get loose on the RC wheel at that speed. I have had it to 185 on gps with no apparent problems.

+1 on tire tread rating....check it out, n if it aint rated for it-DONT TRY IT!!!
last thing you want is a tread flyin off at 200mph!!!

Pirelli released a new ZR-hi speed rated 240 tire. if thats the one you're using, u shoud be all good-i'd check with Pirelli to make sure tire can handle that speed-ask about tire psi too, their techs shud have more insight on this subject than I
beerchug.gif

Yes, it is the new W rated Pirelli which is rated for sustained 168mph so no problem with tire coming apart just wondering about tires stability at that speed.

What difference would it make if it has a jack shaft or not? Are the jack shafts that unreliable or is it a safety issue?

You need to check your tire's rating again...if it is W like you said, I wouldn't risk my life running it at 200. Like someone said above, Pirelli makes a Z rated 240 tire. ...you might wanna pick up one of those.

You need to check your tire's rating again...if it is W like you said, I wouldn't risk my life running it at 200.  Like someone said above, Pirelli makes a Z rated 240 tire.  ...you might wanna pick up one of those.
The Pirelli tire is Z rated but also W rated which exceeds the Z rating and places the tire into the sustained 168mph category.

Back