240 Widened Rear Wheel + Silver Pinstripes

InfiniteReality

Registered
Got bored and added some silver pin striping to my bike. It's been a year or so since any modifications have been done to the bike since the GSXR1K muffler and after a little thought I figured some silver striping would break up the wheels a little bit since I powder coated them black, thought I was unsure how it'd look on my stock widened rear wheel since the lip of it rolls over the 240 Shinko tire. Only a $4 mod, took maybe an hour to clean and install them. Opinions?

IMG_3637.jpg

IMG_3639.jpg

IMG_3642.jpg

IMG_3644.jpg

IMG_3646.jpg

IMG_3652.jpg

I really like it!! It compliments the color scheme and also brings more attention to the wheels!! Nice job!!:thumbsup::beerchug:

Looks great! Man I love that color scheme!! This bike looks S H A R P!! Very clean and not over done. Can I suggest one touch and an opinion? OK here goes that muffler has to much silver in it, how about some black on the emblem I believe that would make POP! Looks great the way it is.
Always like when people park there motorcycles in there house. LOL! Ive rebuilt engines on a kitchen table, washed cylinder on HOT in a dish washer, powder coated parts in my kitchen oven LOL!! These were all rental houses of course LOL

Looks nice. Did u send ur stock wheel to have it widened, or did u just buy an already widened one?

Where sis u get the stripes? I have thought about doing my gold wheels with a blue stripe but I cannot find them anywhere. I like the way yours looks.

Thanks for the kind words. The wheel I widened by SB-customs, great company.

As for the stripes, i just got a roll of silver 1/4" pin stripe from O`Reillys. I have enough left over to do another bike even. They make some specifically for motorcycles, but its the same stuff but 3x more expensive.

This is my favorite stretch bike all time and it still is with the stripe :thumbsup:

BTW: You might be a redneck if you park your bike in your living room .........:rofl::rofl::rofl:

(just kidding, no offense intended)

i like the 1k can, i have one on my bike (you're an inspiration, lol) it just doesn't flow quite as well as i wished it did. can't wait for my CT single...

Wife doesn't care for the bike in the living room, but with no garage she has no choice! :) Doesn't help to have a CRF50 and another CRF50 with 125cc in my spare bedroom either, lol! 2 wheels are great! :)

Back