240 kit on 08 busa

chrisrod

Registered
So I started looking around for someone in my area that is capable of doing this 240 kit. I talked to a friend to see if he wasn't capable he gave me a number for Tose Brothers in windsor. Anyway first they said if I want to when the weather gets nice I can test drive a bike with the kit. :laugh: They can modify the rear wheel, so I don't have to buy after market. This kit includes everything start to finnish except powder coting. $2,750.00 Is this a good deal or not? I know there's a lot to this kit other than just the swingarm. This is exstended 4 to 6 in. also, but they said they can build this kit, so it is really close to the stock swingarm length. I want the 4 to 6 in. ext though. Just looking for the best price in my area and someone that is going to do a good job. Thanks for the input.:thumbsup:

If thats the 240 arm, offset sprocket, chain, 240 tire, and modified stock wheel....then yes best price I seen for it. Powder should only run another couple Hundred?

It depends on what that price includes. At ATC, they sell the black swing arm for about $950 and a chrome 240 Stock wheel for $1300 (powdercoat should be less). The price of the brakeline and chain would be $200 - $250 and shipping no more than $100. However, if $2750 includes labor, I say go for it.

It does include labor and I'm not sure about the offset chain (if it's needed or not) but he did say start to finish with everything to do the job.

Check out speed demon cycles in bloomfield. I've seen some really nice work come out of their shop.

I've hurd they do a good job. I am really shopping around I'm not working right now, but as soon as I get back to work it's mine. I can't see spending money on a new rear tire right now if I'm going with this kit in a few mounths just going to need another new tire. Thanks I will try and give Demon Cycles a ring and see if they can shoot me a price.

Back