08 Hayabusa 240 Kit

yankee_gts

Registered
I want to know if anybody out there that has installed a 240 kit on a 08 model. The reason is that I know on 1st Gen models the frame had to be grinded in order for the kit to fit besides the offset sprocket. But on the 2nd Gen I want to know if the same things have to be done. Anyone ?

Send a PM to Trac Dynamics. He sells them in the Sponsor section and should know the answer. I would like to know the answer as well.

I want to know if anybody out there that has installed a 240 kit on a 08 model. The reason is that I know on 1st Gen models the frame had to be grinded in order for the kit to fit besides the offset sprocket. But on the 2nd Gen I want to know if the same things have to be done. Anyone ?
As far as I know you don't have to grind any thing. Last time I checked the there is not a offset front sprocket made you just take the washer from the front of sprocket and put it behind the sprocket.

Thanks for the quick replys
bump.gif

All the kits I have seen come with an offset front sprocket. Anything larger than a 240 usually comes as a jackshaft.

Saw 300 on an '08, was freakn SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET. He said he didnt have to grind, or modify anything except brake caliper in beginning, because brake cable was toOOOOOOOOOOO short, but once replaced that everything looked and fit perfect with the kit they ordered.

There's alot of 240 kits that require minor inside frame trimming. But it's nothing excessive.

the only grinding that my 240 took was the powdercoat on the frame and swingarm.
it did not take an offset sprocket. just a switch in the washer position. rides alot nicer too... the only drawback is that the rear tire is cocked to the right a bit.

As far as I know you don't have to grind any thing. Last time I checked the there is not a offset front sprocket made you just take the washer from the front of sprocket and put it behind the sprocket.
You can buy an offset front sprocket from trac dynamic

Back