240 install

Mine has little to no offset.Take a look at mine.Thats why I went with BallZ.Josh is very knowledgable and has worked to get a good kit.You missed the black friday sale.I got a killer deal on mine.

looks nice :thumbsup:

i cant tell if you did already, but if you clean as much of that white grease off that chain as you can now, itll save you from cleaning it off your bike later.

That's his chain lube.

thats the lube/grease chains are shipped in.

its alot easier to clean and lube the chain now like you will be every time in the future vs wiping and cleaning that heavy grease/wax/lube they ship them in off the bike.

Yeah I will clean the chain and relube with some clear lube.Its a pretty chrome chain.

lol did you just say its pretty???

unless your a chick ive got some bad news for you :laugh:

is it the zzz? ive got the "chrome" one on my bike too. its actually just polished is what i was told, and they call it chrome. i dunno though.

Got it pretty much buttoned up today.Had to massage the front gear cover so the chain stopped rubbing.I heard this click click noise when turning the wheel and chain and thought it was rubbing the frame still but it has lots of clearance there.Anyone else had to file down the cover some??Anyway, its good now, no noise and spins free and straight.Now to get the caliper off to the powder coaters.

Got it pretty much buttoned up today.Had to massage the front gear cover so the chain stopped rubbing.I heard this click click noise when turning the wheel and chain and thought it was rubbing the frame still but it has lots of clearance there.Anyone else had to file down the cover some??Anyway, its good now, no noise and spins free and straight.Now to get the caliper off to the powder coaters.

I took quite a bit out of my cover to get it to clear

And definately clean the factory grease off the chain, i cleaned the crap outta mine and it still slung that stuff for weeks:banghead:

Yeah I am wondering what to clean that chain with before final install.Guess I will take it back off and use some light oil or something to clean it off.My last chain was new also and was packed with that grease and it flung a little after I cleaned it up.

On the chain we put them in a bucket of kerosene. Then clean them with a 3 sided chain cleaning "Grudge Brush". It wraps the chain and makes quick work of this. Then wipe it really good with a dry terry cloth. Then spray it with a good no fling clear chain lube. Your still going to have some of the lube from EK fling but it will be minimal in comparison to not cleaning the chain first. Turtle Wax brand Bug and Tar remover (auto store) takes the lube right off of anything it flings onto.

Thanks Josh.Will do that.They really do cake that stuff in there.My last new chain from Diamond wasnt nearly as packed with grease.Now if this snow will stop sometime here.BTW its Ray, that massive emailer.

Back