240 install

karnage

Registered
Well I have it mounted up and checking chain clearances.Looks pretty good for alignment.Not much of an offset in the rear really and about 1/2 between the chain and tire, hopefully thats enough.So looks to need an 1/8" grinded off the frame.Do I take that off the entire area where the chain is or just the thickness of the chain??Its going good except I may need to send the arm back.It has noticable marring and scratches in the chrome and didnt pay for scratches but Josh will take care of me I am sure.I will post pictures later of the progress.

Some pictures

144.jpg

137.jpg

138.jpg

142.jpg

141.jpg

143.jpg

I cant get any better shots right now.My garage is stuffed right now and waiting on my shop to be built so once its done, will put up better pics.

Well I have it mounted up and checking chain clearances.Looks pretty good for alignment.Not much of an offset in the rear really and about 1/2 between the chain and tire, hopefully thats enough.So looks to need an 1/8" grinded off the frame.Do I take that off the entire area where the chain is or just the thickness of the chain??Its going good except I may need to send the arm back.It has noticable marring and scratches in the chrome and didnt pay for scratches but Josh will take care of me I am sure.I will post pictures later of the progress.

1/2" should be plenty, mines closer to around 1/4" and doesnt rub. For the grinding i put the master through just temporary and aligned and set my tension on the chain than kind of marked out how far up and down the chain could move(really not much up there by the sprocket) and went a little above my marks and below just in case things got to bouncing the chain wouldnt contact the frame. Mine hasnt hit the frame yet.
Looking good, you got a chrome housing for that rear caliper right?

No chrome caliper.I may powder coat it blue to match the bike.Think it will set the chrome off better.I believe less is more sometimes.Was going to do a chrome spring also but went with a new blue one from trac and it should look good.

Dam, grinding is quite the PIA.Its coming out pretty good and set my depth, now to keep it all the way across.I am at 1/8 inch deep half way across the top so far.Wish I had some long reach carbide bits but the angle grinder works well.Wish me luck.

Well, I went out and bought a $60 bit to grind the alminum, luckily I get a discount there thru work and paid $40 for it but about an hour and a half I got the frame massaged down a little over an 1/8 inch with room to spare.Test fitted twice and everything clears fine.Tire has about a 1/2 inch of space between the chain.It tracks striaght.Now to get my new spring and if my new rotor ever shows up and I can get it all buttoned up.Getting sme stuff powder coated.I highly recommend to buy this bit I have if you plan on doing a 240 kit.I spent about 3-4 hours grinding with a mild steel carbide bit and with this bit got it done in a little more than half that with 2 test fits and buffing the grinded area.

Looks pretty centered, what kit is it? Did you do something extra to get it centered? Mine not being centered is drivin me nuts

Its a Ball Z kit and they spent a lot of time with R&D on theyre kits.Thats why I went with them.It is off a tiny bit but not enough to really notice.So far I am happy with the fit and finish of the kit.Just waiting on my new spring and rotor to get it done.Then the caliper goes to the powder coater for a pearl kobalt blue.I am actually working a trade for paint as well.

looks sweet. cant wait to see the final product. was also thinking of getting a 240 kit from josh at ballz. i got a ton of his parts, so only makes sense to finish her up with a 240. just a bit nervous with the offset in the rear, thats why i havent got it yet.

Back