2022 GEN3 - REAR COWL...INSTALL...WRONG

brazeagle

Registered
Hello all,
I noticed that the rear cowl comes with spacers an screws and requires you to remove the side/rear fairing in order to replace the SPACER...
Now, I did the change WITHOUT removing the front seat, fairing and spacers...
Everything fits perfectly well, OEM spacer and screws were used, cowl or rear seat sits perfectly well without CHANGING anything... WHY DO YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE FAIRING and CHANGE THE SPACERS?
Any inputs?
Thanks.
Cheers

Pictures... Note BLACK cowl, Suzuki sent wrong color, but Already shipped the correct color this morning :confused:
See pictures, NO ISSUES at all, and did not use ANY of the hardware that came with cowl.
Any inputs?
Thanks.

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-20 at 11.18.49 (4).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-20 at 11.18.49 (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-20 at 11.18.49 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-20 at 11.18.49 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-20 at 11.18.49.jpeg

So basically just like the gen1 and 2?
If the grab bar isn't on, just remove the seat and put the cowl on?
Correct. No difference.
I spoken to Suzuki and they told me that unfortunately they complicated things by supplying that extra hardware :banghead:
The only thing SOME PEOPLE are saying is that the plastic will rattle without that other spacer, but it is confirmed that it WILL NOT, because the two top screws are holding everything absolutely tide enough...

I did replace those spacers and tried to not remove the tail but I didn't want to crack any new plastics on my new bike so I just slid the tail back enough to replace what was on there. Figured it couldn't hurt and Suzuki certainly thought they were needed for a reason so why not.. I did test fit it with the original hardware on it and couldn't see a difference or need to, but my OCD kicked in and there I was pulling plastics... also, super easy to do and actually just did it again to access the tag light connector that's on the left side of the bike zip tied to the subframe while installing a fender eliminator. lol

Wow, glad I saw this tread. I got the box open and looked at everything and could not understand why the front seat would have to come off, etc. This was a 5 min install and it clicked in perfectly. I would have stared at this thing and wondered about it for hours :) Thanks!

Hello all,
I noticed that the rear cowl comes with spacers an screws and requires you to remove the side/rear fairing in order to replace the SPACER...
Now, I did the change WITHOUT removing the front seat, fairing and spacers...
Everything fits perfectly well, OEM spacer and screws were used, cowl or rear seat sits perfectly well without CHANGING anything... WHY DO YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE FAIRING and CHANGE THE SPACERS?
Any inputs?
Thanks.
Cheers
Many thanks for this, you just saved me and many others from hard work and from potentially damaging the bike. :)

Back