2012 Hayabusa

corn

Registered
I'm thinking about purchasing a new "Busa" I'm currently riding a 2010 Harley Ultra Limited. I've lost the thrill of riding Harleys. I've also considered the 12 Kawasaki Concours. I'm 50 years young. I'm 6-5 and weigh about 230. I fit really well on the bike. Just looking for the right deal. I really like the white 2012!

Concourse is better set up for long distance touring out the gate. If long distance touring you may buy a new Busa and find yourself adding comfort and storage capacity mods to it after you get it. Shaft drive Kawasaki vs chain driven Busa , chain drive shorter maintenance interval. Kawasaki has ABS and traction control good qualities for long rides when you don't know what nature will throw at you. That being said a lot of people here rather convert their busa than ride a Concourse. I am assuming you are getting it for long days in saddle.

.......:welcome: to the org

I looked at the Concours because of the upright seating. I fit well on it and like the performance but I don't want to be let down.The Hayabusa excites me and like you said there are plenty of mods that I can do to get it on the same level. The first thing I would like to do is get the risers for the handlebars to bring me up. I guess the 2 inch is the max right?

Don't get the idea that the Connie is slow, because it's not. A full exhaust and Power Commander can create especially large power gains on that bike. That said, even a stock Busa will have more power in the end. The V-Max and Diavel are the only mass-produced cruisers that can hold a candle to the Connie where power is concerned, and they're both stronger. V-Rods need not apply.

Coming from a Harley, you'll be overly impressed by the power of either the Connie or The Busa, but the Busa gives that special sensation of riding a Saturn V rocket into space.

Check this link if you really want to bring the bars up...

Spiegler Performance Parts - Handlebar Conversion Kit

I couldnt resist the 2012 white one either. You won't regret it. I picked mine up and rode it 180+ miles from Indianapolis to Chicago straight out of the dealership. Great bike!

I have both the Busa and the Ultra, suggest you do the same. Can ride the Busa for shorter rides, under 500, no prob with no mods, use the HD for continental touring. If you have to make a choice of one bike only , go for the Connie.

I test drove the connie for about an hour. I thought it was awesome. Till I got back on the busa. Worlds apart.

Back