Finally hanging up the Busa spurs for a Harley....

TexasCop

Registered
The decision didn't come lightly. I'm 41 years old and have ridden sport bikes my entire life. Thanks to a few injuries in the Army, my degenerative disc disease is making it too painful to lean forward on a sport bike. :( It really kills me to sell my Busa, my love for the last 4 years and my all-time dream bike.

Why a Harley you ask? I don't buy into the stereotypes. You know the ones.....all sport riders are punks, all Harley riders are dirtbags, etc. With all the frame modifications Harley made in 2009, they are finally decent handling bikes. Also, my wife really wants to ride long distances with me. I shopped every touring bike available on the market and just find the 2012 Road Glide Ultra to be the right bike for me. It has a sporty looking fairing, so my sport biking heritage will be remembered, but it also has the comfort my back and wife can find acceptable.

I just ask one thing....before you whiz by a Harley at 200mph, it might be a former Busa rider. :moon:

P.S. I lost my login for Rev. 6:5, so I reverted back to TexasCop. Later, friends, and happy riding!

im 41 as well. nothing wrong with a hog. there is no doubt the riding position is much easier on the back and much more comfortable for a passenger as well. I too have back problems which is why I opted for a Busa over other sport bikes. a busa is afterall a touring bike isnt it....:thumbsup: a fast touring bike but a touring bike nonetheless.

at some point in my life I will probably have to hang up my busa spurs as well due to back issues but im gonna hold off as long as possible.

post some pics of the glide when u get a chance. thats a great lookn bike imo. most all of my friends have Harleys and I plan on riding with them all summer long.

Sorry to hear. Have you sat on a Suzuki M109r I have one and its confortable for me. Its a sporty cruser and Busa fast.

008.jpg

Funny thing is all these older guys say my back cant handle the leaning foward, but slouching on a harley cant be better, if not worse on your back.I like being leaned and stretched and feel clumbsy on a cruiser.Just my 2 cents really.

Most important, thank you for your service. My next bike will be a Fat Boy Lo, so no matter what you ride, be safe and enjoy. That Harley is a nice ride.

Went thru the same thing & unfortunately wrecked my 08 so before I jumped on another Busa I looked at Harley's and ended up going with a 2012 Street Glide. Who cares what anybody else thinks , Do what's right for you !! :thumbsup:

As long as you like it and the wife is happy and riding with you, it's all good!

im 41 as well. nothing wrong with a hog. .

r you crazy? everything wrong with HOGs. don`t get me started I rode one, no power a lot of noise and vibration killing me. I`d rather buy Victory-real American brand or Kawi sport tourer.

Sorry to hear. Have you sat on a Suzuki M109r I have one and its confortable for me. Its a sporty cruser and Busa fast.

I was just thinking M109R but when you said Busa fast... Really:rofl: I have a buddy who has one, yeah they are strong but my VMAX would pull away and I know my Busa is not in the same league as the VMAX... Someone played a bad trick on you and pulled a spark plug wire off or put a TRE whatever it is have someone with mechanical busa tuning skills look at it ASAP!!

Best of luck on the Hardley a motorcycle. Only way I could see owning a Harley in my older age would be from Alzheimer and forgetting what a motorcycle is..:beerchug:

I was just thinking M109R but when you said Busa fast... Really:rofl: I have a buddy who has one, yeah they are strong but my VMAX would pull away and I know my Busa is not in the same league as the VMAX... Someone played a bad trick on you and pulled a spark plug wire off or put a TRE whatever it is have someone with mechanical busa tuning skills look at it ASAP!!

Best of luck on the Hardley a motorcycle. Only way I could see owning a Harley in my older age would be from Alzheimer and forgetting what a motorcycle is..:beerchug:

ALL RIGHT point made its not Busa fast, Waa you all are picking on me, I made a mistake on words. I'll never say that again LOL :laugh: But it is fast just m109r fast. :rofl:

I'm 41 and I hung up my Busa Spurs as well. Just not in the same fashion..I'm still a hooligan at heart and I will stay that way until my body goes. I absolutely love this new bike.

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

ALL RIGHT point made its not Busa fast, Waa you all are picking on me, I made a mistake on words. I'll never say that again LOL :laugh: But it is fast just m109r fast. :rofl:

Naaaaah I think anyone here that has ridden there BUSA hard knows they arent in the same league.. Yes the M109R has a bunch of torque and YES it feels fast due to the riding position of the bike its a real rocket ship compared to a harDley and a much better riding bike.. Speaking from riding a heritage classis, soft tail, and a few fat boys,, Just not my taste yes a harDley offers a different type of ride such as the orginal potato potato sounding idle and the hardley logo but thats about all I see in them... Ohh they have purteeee chrome,, Hell I think the Can Am Spyder would be more exciting to ride

Sorry to here about your back problems. I just crashed mine last weekend took about 4 or 5 good tumbles, But after several minutes got my head back on and road it home. I am 69 and ride a Fat Boy also. But i love my busa should have it back together in a month. If i get to the point were i can't ride the busa in another 10 years i will get a Gold Wing But not a Harley.

IMG_0092.jpg

Riding is riding:rulez: nothing wrong with a HD. Hope your back gets better:please:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

I was ready this year to after riding a street glide and finding a guy that wanted to trade the busa for a ultra classic but my better half didn't like the Harley idea so I backed out on it. So I decided to strip the busa for a complete make over,paint chrome and powdercoat. Prolly wishes we woulda traded now.

Back