2009 Gun Buying Plans?

Robot

Donating Member
Registered
I have some friends who are into guns more than I. They saw a pre-election surge in buying.

I have not purchased a gun in 10 years. I told my wife last night 2009 was going the "year of the gun" for extra cash.

I have an SKS, after a new concealed carry glock 36, that Ill purchase in December, Ill purchase an M1A1. Obviously the M1A1 is the opposite end of the spectrum, (Quality,Ballistics,Cost, etc.) from the SKS. My buddy just bought an FAL.

For obvious reasons laws may change after more pressing events are taken care of.

Anyone else have plans for increased purchases in the near future?

I'm buying one, but not due to any change in government.
I have finally saved up money for the Browning Citori over/under shotgun I have always wanted. Citori 625 Field :drooling3:

I love pheasant hunting and always wanted a nice shotgun to go with it.
G.

buy reloading equipt. cost saving over ready made ammo and you can fine tune it to shoot in ur fav firearm.
Im going with a new Colt SSA. .45 long colt

Glock 27 to go with my Glock 22...easy to conceal and extra mags will work in both :beerchug:

The only peopletruly enjoying all of this is the gun shop owners. I thought it was BS till I went to a gun shop round here yesterday and saw a few empty shelves.

I have to admit I am looking at picking up a new piece, but there is no sense of urgency on my behalf because of the election unlike others.

I am contemplating .40 or .357 for carry. H&K is supposed to have some new sub-compacts out, but I have yet to see one in a store. Anyone have any insight on them??

Already got my stash and Im having a .223 built as we speak, my builder does awesome work...:thumbsup:

I have more than my family needs. Besides if I disobey the law I'll have endless options, right :poke:

The only peopletruly enjoying all of this is the gun shop owners. I thought it was BS till I went to a gun shop round here yesterday and saw a few empty shelves.

I have to admit I am looking at picking up a new piece, but there is no sense of urgency on my behalf because of the election unlike others.

I am contemplating .40 or .357 for carry. H&K is supposed to have some new sub-compacts out, but I have yet to see one in a store. Anyone have any insight on them??

get the 357 over the 40 I think its a better round I've been carrying a glock 33 since they came out
Posted via Mobile Device

I have some friends who are into guns more than I. They saw a pre-election surge in buying.

I have not purchased a gun in 10 years. I told my wife last night 2009 was going the "year of the gun" for extra cash.

I have an SKS, after a new concealed carry glock 36, that Ill purchase in December, Ill purchase an M1A1. Obviously the M1A1 is the opposite end of the spectrum, (Quality,Ballistics,Cost, etc.) from the SKS. My buddy just bought an FAL.

For obvious reasons laws may change after more pressing events are taken care of.

Anyone else have plans for increased purchases in the near future?

Yeah, I'll be buying a couple in 2009. Like you I've been eyeballin the M1A1. I want the Scout rifle. However a FAL is not a compromise really, it's got a history in combat as well, is MOA accurate and can be had for a fair bit less than the M1A1... Though yeah, it's not an M1A1...

I wouldn't worry too much in the near term. While you might want to get a move on, it's not like there is going to be a light switch thrown. You've got time even if the panic mongers are correct.

If the government does actually come for our guns, it's foolish in the extreme to think you're going to be squared away with a "stash"... It's comedy in the extreme, just like the blowhards talking about "they ain't taking my guns". Yeah OK RAMBO, when reality sets in and there are some Federal scumbags on your porch, and you're finally dealing with reality you'll hand em' right over cause you are a law abiding citizen...

I don't think it's going to come to that, I'm willing to bet that we'll not even see a new Assault weapons ban, surely even the anti-gun folks can see that it accomplished little or nothing. Well see though.

Toy to-do list...

DPMS Panther 16/20"
M1A (American)
Bushmaster XM-15 16"

and a butt-load of ammo in .223 and .308win.

Gonna take a little while, but well worth it!:thumbsup:

Just in case though, I do want to get an M1A1 and a big stack of .308 without a lot of delay.

I'm covered when it comes to the AR and variants though. Plenty of ammo, etc...

Still though, I think we're going to be ok... :whistle:

Just in case though, I do want to get an M1A1 and a big stack of .308 without a lot of delay.

I'm covered when it comes to the AR and variants though. Plenty of ammo, etc...

Still though, I think we're going to be ok... :whistle:

If you've already got your guns...;)

What brand AR's do you have? What's your favorite? ???

If you've already got your guns...;)

What brand AR's do you have? What's your favorite? ???

I bought a S&W AR15T about two years ago, since then I've picked up a few "bits" here and there. I've fired bushmasters, a Colt, the Smith, and a DPMS and to be perfectly honest they are all tinker toys. Throw a blanket over em' and they are all identical where it counts, they can all shoot better than I can so it's a moot point.

If I had to pick a favorite though, I'd have to say the Smith and Wesson, Mostly cause it's what I've been shooting the most. I will likely buy a couple more lowers though just in case the question always comes down to forged or billet...

Back