2008 Hayabusa Fairing

J2bgrt

Registered
Hello,
I have a question related to the 2008 orange/black model Hayabusa that I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out. I have some minor damage on my left side fairing (orange part of the fairing) that has some minor scratches that were caused in storage over the winter time. I am thinking about buying a new fairing to replace it and I am very particular about my busa the way that I am sure most of you are. My question is this: Do any of you know a company that you would recommend that would supply me a quality part at a descent price that wouldn't rip me off on quality? I guess that I am worried about taking my chances buying something over the internet without looking at it personally first. I would like OEM if it is possible without paying through the nose. I would appreciate any feedback that any of you can provide. Thanks!
J2bgrt

Re: 2008 Hayabusa Fairing Please Help!

Welcome to the oRg. You need to hit up Daniel at Cloud Nine, CloudNineMotorSports.com Website is Gone I bet he can hook you up. You can also send a pm to him, Goldenchild.

I merged your two threads into one to make it easier to have consistent information. :beerchug:

How deep are the scratches. If they are not deep, but noticable, you may be able to get some scratch remover and buff them out.

If the scratches are not too deep you can either buff them out or take the bike to a reputable detail shop and have them do a complete detail and buff of the bike.

I want to thank all of you so far for your responses. I really appreciate it! The scratches are not really that bad and I could possibly get them buffed out. It is just that a couple of them are around the Kanji symbol, which will make it harder. Unfortunately, also, I live in Iowa where it is hard to find a lot of dealers that will do the work, but I do know someone with a small body shop that might be able to help me out. If anyone has any additional suggestions, I will be more than happy to listen and if you can think of any trusted companies to deal with to look for a 2008 left side fairing. It seems that most of the ones I have seen (if they are a true, quaility product) range in the price range of around $350.

in case you did not see this on ebay, BIN for $350+ $25 shipping: (not sure if it has a RASH or if it is the flash)
2008 2009 SUZUKI GSXR HAYABUSA LEFT SIDE FAIRING OEM : eBay Motors (item 190379140997 end time Mar-15-10 21:17:07 PDT)

$345+ $20 shipping, but not as complete as above:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008...3040687QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

And a little something to help minimize damage in the future (hope there won't be any :) )
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HAYA...5493715QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Looks pretty good but lists for $395:
http://motorcycleparts2u.com/2008-2...u016478-2008-suzuki-hayabusa-left-fairing.htm

Last edited:
Thank You kromdom for your help! I appreciate it! I will check out some of the links that you showed me, but yes, I have looked at a few on ebay also. I am getting it serviced at my dealer right now and I am trying to discuss some options with them. If you get the chance, I have another question for you regarding frame sliders? Are they pretty easy to install? I guess I have never thought about getting them before now, but the ones that I have looked at on the internet talk about having to modify the fairing??? If it is too much of a hassle, I will just have the dealer install them for me. Please let me know when you get the chance. Thanks again for your help! J2bgrt

Thank You kromdom for your help! I appreciate it!
If you get the chance, I have another question for you regarding frame sliders? Are they pretty easy to install? I guess I have never thought about getting them before now, but the ones that I have looked at on the internet talk about having to modify the fairing??? If it is too much of a hassle, I will just have the dealer install them for me. Please let me know when you get the chance. Thanks again for your help! J2bgrt

You're welcome. You have 2 choices with frame sliders: Cut or NO-CUT. I opted for the latter and got the T-REX version:

N608.jpg

Back