Problem with gap in front side fairing

ronniemac

Registered
I have a 2008 Orange/Black Busa. Does anybody have a loose tab on either they're right or left fairing? I noticed my right fairing had a loose tab. The fairing that one would take off to do an oil change consists of 2 pieces, one of the orange tabs which is suppose to snap into the black piece on the fairing doesn't snap. I'm considering calling American Suzuki and explain the problem. To me, it should be a warranty issue. I bought my busa in July of 2008. Any ideas?

If it's not right then definitely ask the dealer to fix it. We paid enough for these bikes that they should be perfect.:beerchug:

I'm taking it in on Wednesday 10/15 (morning). I'll let you know what happened. I called American Suzuki and they say that the Service Manager will have to make an assessment of what the problem is. I further explained that when the fairing was taken off, there is no visible damage to either the tab or the hole in which the tab is inserted. I left out the fact that one of the reps at the dealership I bought it, saw the gap, and suggested that I heat up the plastic and maybe it'll snap in??!! Yeah, right???!!! Maybe if I were 18 yrs. old and naive. Good try! American Suzuki further stated that so long as it is deemed as a "Manufacturers Defect", I'm told that American Suzuki will honor the claim and fix or replace the item free with no cost to the consumer. We'll see.???:whistle:

Last edited:
I've got an 09 on order and appreciate the "heads up" here..............can someone take a pic of the location of either the right or left side where this is occuring for the rest of us?

I've got an 09 on order and appreciate the "heads up" here..............can someone take a pic of the location of either the right or left side where this is occuring for the rest of us?

if someone don't beat me into it i will do it tonight when i get home from work.
mine the left side is good on upper part but there is gap on lower part fairing close to where my left knee is against the fairing.

The gap that I had aren't the ones shown by shawnski. The gap I had was right below the middle screw on the right fairing where the orange piece snaps into the black piece of the fairing. The dealer said that he had to slightly file down the tab for it to snap into place. It's all fixed.

Back