Fairing Tab Repair

mjl3truck

Registered
I pull my fairing off quite often and the little tabs on the side fairings that hold the black plastic pieces in around the oil cooler/radiator are staring to break off.
Has anybody came up with a repair or modification?
Thank you

I pull my fairing off quite often
and the little tabs on the side fairings
that hold the black plastic pieces in
around the oil cooler/radiator
are staring to break off .

Has anybody came up with a repair or modification ?

Thank you .

I have to admit that gives me a chubby
but that would blow a huge hole in my budget .

My carbon fiber tail is really strong & only has 4 mounting points ~ planning to send the flamed stuff down the road for 3/4 race . . .

Toms Jeff Black Blue.jpeg

Dont use epoxy. It will let go in a few months even if you glue in a patch to support the crack. Vibrations I guess.

New fairings.

With a soldering tool you can make any repair in any plastic. I made it in my right fairing, it got very resistant. On Youtube you can find many thutorials. Good luck bro!

With a soldering tool you can make any repair in any plastic. I made it in my right fairing, it got very resistant. On Youtube you can find many thutorials. Good luck bro!

They have the variable temp plastic soldering iron with different types of plastic rods. Seems this might be an idea. I've played with some of the rods and had success with the PVC type, but haven't trusted it enough yet to try on something like a good fairing. A couple of the other (non PVC) type rods were more difficult to use with the little bit of practice I've had, but with more experience it might be a good bet.

rsrsrsrs. My fairing was my first experience, and yes, I also used another kind of plastic to fill up some holes. No issues until now.

Thank you for the help but... I have bigger fish to fry right now, I "hurt" my motor at the CO mile and will have to at least pull the top end off and take a peek.

Yeah man, here things costs 4 or 5 times more expensive than in the rest of the world, so Youtube became a very good friend sometimes rsrsrsrs

Thank you for the help but... I have bigger fish to fry right now, I "hurt" my motor at the CO mile and will have to at least pull the top end off and take a peek.

Sorry to hear this. I was wondering how the event turned out.

Last edited:
It went pretty good, Shane Stubbs blew a head gasket at 236 and spent the weekend rebuilding his engine then ran 248 out of the trailer on Sunday on his turbo naked Busa then hurt the motor again. Jim Cole did a 233 on his Gen I turbo. Greg Watters made a pass on his turbo at 228 then fell at the end thinks he bent the throttle plates and when he shut down the motor was still pushing him as he grabbed front brake which caused the front end to wash out. They measured the slide at 1001 feet, broken thumb and a nasty abrasion on his other hand was it. I ran a couple 204s on my 1340 N/A Gen II. Weather was an issue for me being N/A. Tried to dope the fuel and that's when my motor called it quits.
The H2's that were there didn't make it over 200 which surprised me.
If you want to make lots of runs that is the event to do it. There was a guy on an Yamaha R1 that made 24 passes on Friday and at least that many each day Saturday and Sunday. I made 13 passes on Friday, 6 on Saturday (sat out the winds) then 6 on Sunday before the engine went.

Back