2008 Blown motor

I have thought about abandoning it but I just can't bring myself to sell this just to get a cheap car. I have a good first gen crank I was just wanting to use the second gen one because I want my bike at least as fast as it was and I doubt with the first gen crank it will be. I think I have everything to make a running motor though. I'm just a little confused about certain things. Like can I use my second gen pistons in my first gen case??

So with each day comes new reasons to make me wonder if all of this is just loki having fun or if it's more than that like Odin doesn't have a seat for me in the great hall anymore. But I have everything back together and hopefully I can get it in the bike tomorrow
and pray it starts and actually runs. If not I'm going to have to sell some things and just shell out the 2 grand for one of the cpl second gen motors that are floating around the web. So fingers crossed.

So with each day comes new reasons to make me wonder if all of this is just loki having fun or if it's more than that like Odin doesn't have a seat for me in the great hall anymore. But I have everything back together and hopefully I can get it in the bike tomorrow
and pray it starts and actually runs. If not I'm going to have to sell some things and just shell out the 2 grand for one of the cpl second gen motors that are floating around the web. So fingers crossed.
I’ll be praying for you. As for your post before this one, getting her running should be the top priority, regardless of how many ponies she ends up producing with the parts combo you’ll end up with. At the end of the day, I assume you won’t be going WOT to use every HP very often since you have to do what you can to minimize the risk of her ending up on the operator table again.

Well after busting my ass and all day and getting her together enough to see if she would crank....she didnt,smh...instantly when she spun over she had like a back fire/pop sound that had a little flame and a cpl sparks come out the exhaust so I stopped looked her over to see if oil or anything was coming out. So when I was satisfied it was safe to keep trying she spun and spun but all I got was sound Lil pops and little flames coming out the exhaust that alternated from red to blue ever time and a cpl puffs of white smoke out of my throttle bodies but than the battery sounded weaker and weaker until I knew it wasn't enough to get her crunk so I put her on charge and imma try to google what she was doing and maybe figure it out so in the morning when she's juiced up again I can get her to crank.

Well after busting my ass and all day and getting her together enough to see if she would crank....she didnt,smh...instantly when she spun over she had like a back fire/pop sound that had a little flame and a cpl sparks come out the exhaust so I stopped looked her over to see if oil or anything was coming out. So when I was satisfied it was safe to keep trying she spun and spun but all I got was sound Lil pops and little flames coming out the exhaust that alternated from red to blue ever time and a cpl puffs of white smoke out of my throttle bodies but than the battery sounded weaker and weaker until I knew it wasn't enough to get her crunk so I put her on charge and imma try to google what she was doing and maybe figure it out so in the morning when she's juiced up again I can get her to crank.
Recheck the cam timing, sound like your 180 degrees out

Recheck the cam timing, sound like your 180 degrees out
When I check the timing,do I just do as when I first installed the cams? Like intake was 1 up top and ex was 3 and there was supposed to be 15 links between them. So as long as it's still like set that way than the timing should be OK right?

Cams should be in like this

1712680100209.png

Cams should be in like this

View attachment 1681693
So you were right and it was damn near 180 off maybe a little more so I re-set it and tried but it's still doing almost the same exact thing but with a little more pops snd puffs of white smoke coming out the exhaust....smh,I feel like I'm not experienced enough on bikes to try and diagnose this thing. I'm about to put it and everything I have for it on marketplace and try to find something different...

Ugh. My first thought was ignition timing. But then you found the cam timing. Dunno.

Maybe do a compression test and confirm one part of the holy trinity of: "compression, fuel and spark."

Ugh. My first thought was ignition timing. But then you found the cam timing. Dunno.

Maybe do a compression test and confirm one part of the holy trinity of: "compression, fuel and spark."
I dont know how to do a compression test. I'm seriously over it though I can't auy⁶rdest and haven't accomplished anything. I appreciate all the advice and help but I'm throwing the towel in and trying to find a different ride

Well I was so happy to of been able to get back on my dream bike but now instead of waiting dream it's turned into a nightmare. So the other day my left side fairings flew off because I didn't notice they had been hot glued on but with them off i notice it was leaking oil from where the top and bottom case go together I honestly just thought it wasn't that big of a problem I'd just make sure the oil was just full on every ride. Well it was and had been until today I'm just cruising along with the flow of traffic in Florida,ya know about 130-140 than the bike just dies. So i pull the clutch in and hit the ignition and it fires up but it shaking really bad and pouring white smoke. I shut it down and coast off the expressway to the gas station where I notice just a huge puddle of oil and right below the exhaust outlets on the left side there's a hole about the size of my fist and the rod is hanging out......I don't know if I should scrap it or fix it. I love this bike it's literally my dream bike but it now needs at the least a new bottom.case and plastics
Chris posted one with the conrod hanging out the brake side cylinder……..

So you were right and it was damn near 180 off maybe a little more so I re-set it and tried but it's still doing almost the same exact thing but with a little more pops snd puffs of white smoke coming out the exhaust....smh,I feel like I'm not experienced enough on bikes to try and diagnose this thing. I'm about to put it and everything I have for it on marketplace and try to find something different...
Can you hear fuel prime when you first turn the key?

Yea the pump is priming and I have pulled the cover off and set the timing 3 diff times now and I have tried it both ways the manual says for both gen 1 and 2 but as soon as I put the valve cover back on and the throttle bodies on and try to crank it I still get the same thing. It just spins and spins with little pops and a cpl backfires. It's like for some reason when I hit the started its jumping time. It's like imma bout to try and set it 1 last time if it doesn't work this time the next step is pulling the fuel off and turn the key on and tossing a match on it

Yes the bottom is lined up also but I don't see how it wouldn't be because aren't they one in the sam so.if one mark is right so is the other because there's no way to set them separately I have reset the cams multiple times now but after the first try it has stayed the same and not been off like before it just refuses to crank I have even checked the gap on my plugs twice and it's where it should be per the gap gauge. The balancer on the bottom I did have a little problem installing that because it said to make 1.5-2 rotations before you torque it down but I wasn't able to her even 1 full rotation out of it in either way. Although Idk if that would cause it not to crank. I think that would just make it shake or the manual says make a clicking noise so I have no clue. But even with gas dumped straight into it I still can't get it to do anything except ignite the gas it doesn't try to crank at all.

Back