2007 Blue Hayabusa Salvage Search

There is a guy in seattle that had a tank and some side farings for cheap on craigslist.I bought the rear cowl and hump for $85 from him.I will see if I still have his email and ask if he still has them.I think the tank was $100 and it was nice but grey and black.

Sorry to hear about your off. Good to know you didn't get seriously injured at least.
After I crashed mine last fall, the only piece of plastic left useable was the right side fairing, and it needed some fixing. Tank wasn't damaged at all, but the mufflers and fairing stay were roached..
So I bought up pieces of different color/year plastic from Ebay all last winter, and had a local painter fix the one side piece and repaint everything back factory blue, same color as yours.
It turned out pretty nice actually..
Hayabusa7-16-2011003.jpg

It's doable on the cheap. I have less than $2000 in the rebuild.
Tom that busa is wanting another track day :laugh:
And you never did pick up a 14 like you were thinking about :poke: I thought we had you pretty well convinced on the 14 forums :laugh:

It does look nice. I finally got a right side panel without the tab broken off in shipping just this last weekend. Now I can finally get it to the paint shop. There are two paint shops that look really good right now. One is "Premium Custom Cycles" in Lakewood, WA, and also SIK Werks in Seattle. Hopefully SIK Werks is priced affordably. It looks like they do great work. So far I've spent over $5200 on my rebuild. Woohoo! Well, better times to come.

Wish you had came here i would have hooked you up. Drop off one week pick up next week completely redone. Glad you almost back ready to go... I been contemplating opening a shop in lakewood/ tacoma area. I just can't move my family like that though... If they can't get you painting for right price pm me and I'll see what i can do..

Have a great summer riding..

It does look nice. I finally got a right side panel without the tab broken off in shipping just this last weekend. Now I can finally get it to the paint shop. There are two paint shops that look really good right now. One is "Premium Custom Cycles" in Lakewood, WA, and also SIK Werks in Seattle. Hopefully SIK Werks is priced affordably. It looks like they do great work. So far I've spent over $5200 on my rebuild. Woohoo! Well, better times to come.

Thanks GoldenChild. I would check your place out if you opened up a shop in Lakewood/Tacoma. I was quoted at $1,000 to do all but the gas tank and tail section. I'm not sure what to compare the pricing to, so I'll go with theirs. I also made a stencil incorporating the Hayabusa bird and the Kanji logo, that they will use. It came out pretty cool. I will post a picture of it when it's put back together.

After a year, I have finally finished rebuilding my bike. I now have full insurance on it so I don't have to agonize over it all again. Buying aftermarket fairings is the pits. Overall, it didn't come out too bad. I ended up upgrading my exhaust system, added some bling (chrome) and did a custom stenciling on the side cowlings. The paint turned out pretty decent anyway. So, here's a picture of it completed.

Rebuilt 2007 Hayabusa 1.jpg

Thanks guys for the complements. The next thing to do is have a dyno adjustment on it to optimize the performance and gas mileage in each gear. I took a ride with my son on Sunday, and it felt so nice with the weather being calm and sunny. It's pretty much the start of our summer, and I will take full advantage of it.

So do you have a total cost for the rebuild?

It does look nice for sure.

How about a list of the parts you bought to do it all?

The cost was around $6,000.00, which came out of my pocket. I only had liability insurance. None on the bike itself. Ouch! Most of the parts I purchased from e-bay. The exhaust was new (switched to 4 into 1 stainless steel Yoshimura). I also added a TRE. I had to buy a radiator, fairing stay, frame sliders, both engine covers, handle bars, mirrors, front, lower, and side cowlings, headlight assy, blinker lights, brake master cylinder, clutch master cylinder, and new tires (Michelin - tires that stick better to the road). I plan on replacing the brake lines with braided ones, and the brake pads with better ones too. Thanks for your compliment. I had my doubts at first whether I could, or even should rebuild it. Now I'm going to put thousands of miles on it, without incident. Ride safely!

I forgot to add one thing I also had to replace. The gas tank. I still have the dented one, which I will try to take the dents out, then try and sell it. It was intact, and had no functional issues.

Back