2007 Blue Hayabusa Salvage Search

lightemup

Registered
Last Saturday, I was in an accident and crashed on my bike into the back of a pickup. The bike slid into the pickup on its side, and ended up with a fractured bone in my right thumb, and very skinned up left knee and a strained muscle in my left rib cage. The bike ended up in worse shape than me. I am now looking for quite a few parts for the bike now to piece it back together. I didn't have collision insurance, so it's all coming out of my pocket. My bike is the Pearl Vigor Blue one, and it needs all the cowlings from the lower frame to uppers, and front. The back was undamaged. I also need a new gas tank. Ebay seems to be lacking in parts of this color, unfortunately, and BikeBandit wants a fortune for the parts. So far, it has added up to $6,000 on the parts I need according to the list I compiled from BikeBandit. Apparently they aren't the best place to get parts from, or it just is just that expensive to piece a bike back together. The main thing is that I should have had collision insurance, which I thought I had. If anyone knows of a more economical source for parts, especially the painted ones, I would greatly appreciate the help.

I am picking up a rear cowling with hump and the guy has the front fairings and a tank from a silver 2003.Pretty cheap really.I can get the whole lot for a good price if interested.He said there are scratches but no cracks.

I just checked on bike insurance through a friend who has an insurance office and I service his vehicles on the side.I am hoping for a good quote.

Sorry about your spill. If you're looking at $6,000 in parts alone so far, you are already in the ballpark to buy another good, clean Busa outright. Heck, a member here is selling an 08 for $7500.

:
Sorry about your spill. If you're looking at $6,000 in parts alone so far, you are already in the ballpark to buy another good, clean Busa outright. Heck, a member here is selling an 08 for $7500.

:yes::thumbsup:

You can always repaint if you can't find the correct color. Or like some else said just buy another bike and part yours out.

Sorry to hear about your off. Good to know you didn't get seriously injured at least.
After I crashed mine last fall, the only piece of plastic left useable was the right side fairing, and it needed some fixing. Tank wasn't damaged at all, but the mufflers and fairing stay were roached..
So I bought up pieces of different color/year plastic from Ebay all last winter, and had a local painter fix the one side piece and repaint everything back factory blue, same color as yours.
It turned out pretty nice actually..
Hayabusa7-16-2011003.jpg

It's doable on the cheap. I have less than $2000 in the rebuild.

Like i said, I can get the whole lot from that guy here and send it to you.Tank and all.I will ask how much he will take.Probably under $400 for it.

Ok I asked him and he says $300 for what he has.He has a good tank, front fairing and side fairings I think.Let me know if you want to go this route.At least I can inspect the stuff so we know its in good shape not like on ebay and not know actual condition.

craigslist Philadelphia has a full set of fairings and tank for 800, I believe there are a few sellers selling fairings

Don't know where you are located, but I thought of getting these for my bike, but decided the scratches in mine are OK. Seller is near Binghamton, NY.

Hey thanks for the ideas. I'll have to see about the set on CL, and also the option on painting from another color. I have a local that was featured on a cable show that does ghosting paint jobs too. That would be cool. I'll post my results when I get it put back together. Peace, and be safe!

I have oem custom painted sets complete with painted inners if you want to go that route. I likely have oem pieces of hardware too..

Sorry to hear about your get off.

Mine used to be vigor blue; after I was hit in 2009 I found a complete set of OEM plastics including tank from a 2002 for $650 shipped!! Her insurance gave me over $6,000 for the repairs and it only cost me a little over $2,000 for the complete rebuild! Good luck with finding what you need at the right price there are deals out there; sorry about your get off man!

OK, here's a new one. I got replacement fairings/cowlings from a supplier in Anaheim, and the right side fairing had a broken tab. That was no big deal, right? Well, I had to order another, and another, and they still couldn't ship it to me without it being broken. I gave up on them since they wouldn't take responsibility for what happens in shipping, so I ordered it from another supplier. Guess what? It too was broken. I'm now working on having them send me another replacement. That tab, which holds a fastener breaks right in the center of the hole that the tab goes through. It breaks because the guerillas that handle it can't help but to jam boxes around, set things on top of it, etc. The factory that packs it (China or UK) doesn't foresee that this extremely vulnerable tab is basically unprotected and might possibly get damaged if you bump the end of the box. Guess what again? Our shippers are all over bumping boxes. Who knew??? Since I learned from this, I am urging the supplier to have someone open the factory box at the warehouse and reinforce that tab, repacking it, and maybe I will get it in one piece. Yep, pretty darn frustrating to communicate something so easy to resolve to these people. They just want me to glue it back on and it will be "fine". How many of you out there would want to repair something new that is broken when it gets delivered to you? Where's my bull whip? Geeeeeze! All I want to do is put it together and ride. Do others have this problem, or am I just "special"?

Back