2006 Hayabusa ?

FendiHayabusa

Registered
Hey guys my buddy has a 2006 hayabusa rolling chassis (pulled motor for another project) has everthing but engine and wiring harness, the bike looks awesome has many add-ons like extended swing arm, lowered, custom paint he offered it to me for $1500.00 is that a good buy ? also what would it cost to get this busa back on the road? here is a pic.

thanks

, 005.jpg

Last edited:
Its not hard to find a wrecked busa's engine. Plenty of them on ebay. The price of a busa like that would cost you around 7k so lets say you have to spend 2500 on a engine plus the 1500 you give him for the bike its still a great deal. The color looks a bit gay imo though :cheerleader:

Yep, find a wreck and make 2 into 1. Then depending on how wrecked the wreck was, you'll have quite a few spare/extra parts to play with or sell to recoup some of your money.

The paint job isn't really that fancy. Its one solid color so I wouldn't think it would really add that much value to the bike. To me it dont look like it has an extended swing arm on it. Your looking at what $40-$60 for the lowing links. Your looking at about $2500 for the motor another $100-$150 for the wire harness. Did he take the ecu and other sensors with the harness? Will you have to buy new motor mount bolts,header bolts,radiator,radiator hoses,oil cooler,air box,andthrottle bodys?

Heck you'll pay $1500 for just a clean frame. So yeah thats a good deal jump on it. I just wanted to point out some of the other cost.

Everyone loves a project!
Like GIX said, Just make sure he tells you exactly what he took with the motor so there is no surprises down the road.

thanks guys I think im gonna do it. yeah i am not to excited about the color, but my cousin owns a body shop and can do some amazing stuff.

I think that's a sweet deal !! Are those frame covers (don't look like it) ? It looks polished, that's a pain in the a$$ job !!

How close are you to him ? Make sure it's not stolen .

I think that's a sweet deal !! Are those frame covers (don't look like it) ? It looks polished, that's a pain in the a$$ job !!

How close are you to him ? Make sure it's not stolen .

The best part about a polished frame is once its done you just have to keep it shining. And let me tell you keeping it blinging is way easyer the polishing it the first time.

Just a note, the guy you bought that from never finished paying for it until he sold it to your buddy, the day after he bought it he settled up when I told him I was going to call the state troppers and the local DMV inspector for selling a bike without a title- Craigslist KC, I still have the paperwork for the motor, another 20 pics if you like. BTW, the bike was never crashed hard, just plastics. That undertail just doesn't fit right does it-lucky guess.
This is before I let him take it to his house to start polishing the frame & wheels, only half of the front wheel got done.

PR06.jpg

Last edited:
The bike is all well put together,just don't trust the tripletree bar mounts, he added those weld up jobs to save a few bucks-not worth the risk.

purplebusa.jpg

purplebusa2.jpg

Definatly worth that much, Buy it fix it, and the money you saved rather than buying a complete bike use to paint it a color that you want.

yes yes yes. Ill give you 2500 for the for it and you can make some extra money....... no bs cash in hand can be there in 2 days to pick it up?? pm me if you are looking to make a few extra bucks

damn tempting ....my close friend (not the seller) also works on bikes he said in a weekend we can have it back to running shape for $2500.00 installed. He would do all the work I would just buy the beer:beerchug: he has an 06 motor with 3K miles right now!!!!Decisions Decisions.

Back