2006 Hayabusa pics!!

In crosswinds or beside 53' semi's, the Busa I have, as well as other's I have driven will not track as straight as my R1 or my 10R and they are the ones in fact that require more user input to track straight, not the 1000's.  You must have ridden p-o-s bikes when you rode them, because this is very contrary to their general design and nature.
go over your statement again...and think carefully.

You REALLY don't know what you're talking about, do you?
In fact I do know exactly what I am talking about...maybe you misunderstood what I said -- and it's what I know from riding all of these bikes all the time.  It's also common knowledge amongst the more experienced and UNBIASED riders who have an OPEN mind, unlike some of the posters on this board.  

There is life outside of a Busa!  Still waitin' for the new one though!  My guess is it will shed about 50 Lbs and gain about 20-25 HP and 10-15 TQ.  Does a 50 LB weight loss translate to less road stability?  No way...more in fact with new design and technology on the way a-la gixxer style!!  Bet on it.
alright...try and explain further....

There's a serious flaw in the argument you're presenting.
I presented several arguments -- which in particular are you referring to exactly?
aerodynamics and stability.

You have the starting points in the post I quoted....but the logic is somewhat skewed.

I'm just scared of my resale value dropping.  Should I sell now?  I did this last time with my Lightning, then Ford never came out with a new one like they promised.  So now I really wish I would have kept the son of a #####.
yes. sell your bike now. It's the best thing for everyone.

(maybe you can do a volume deal if you get BH402 to sell with you...)
ices_rofl.gif

In crosswinds or beside 53' semi's, the Busa I have, as well as other's I have driven will not track as straight as my R1 or my 10R and they are the ones in fact that require more user input to track straight, not the 1000's.  You must have ridden p-o-s bikes when you rode them, because this is very contrary to their general design and nature.

In fact I do know exactly what I am talking about...maybe you misunderstood what I said -- and it's what I know from riding all of these bikes all the time.  It's also common knowledge amongst the more experienced and UNBIASED riders who have an OPEN mind, unlike some of the posters on this board.  

There is life outside of a Busa!  Still waitin' for the new one though!  My guess is it will shed about 50 Lbs and gain about 20-25 HP and 10-15 TQ.  Does a 50 LB weight loss translate to less road stability?  No way...more in fact with new design and technology on the way a-la gixxer style!!  Bet on it.

I presented several arguments -- which in particular are you referring to exactly?

You have the starting points in the post I quoted....but the logic is somewhat skewed.
What I basically said, was that the Busa under crosswinds, does not track as flawlessly as the literbikes -- If I’m beside or passing by a 53' Semi, or any large truck for that matter, on the Busa I find consistently that the bike gets blown around or tossed from the wind more than if I am on one of my literbikes. I don't mean to say that the bike gets tossed and blown hard, but whatever nudges the rider feels on it under these conditions, is definitely more pronounced than the lightweights. I have also found that I have more wind hitting me on the upper body on the Busa than the 1000's and this causes the bike to track less stable. The heavier bike in this case, is more unstable in these types of conditions than the lightweights (it is more twitchy). The same holds true for crosswinds on open road.

It's very simple, if I deliberately rock the bars at speeds on the Busa, she moves around, whereas on the lightweights, they don't really budge. Things like tar-snakes and lane changes over the cut in between the lanes are also more pronounced on the Busa and causes it to shimmy more. Headshake, while very minimal on any of these bikes is easily more noticeable on the heavier machine under less than perfect conditions.

Now, I weigh about 205 @ 6'2" so I am perhaps slightly bigger and heavier than the average rider. The reasoning behind the stability differences IMO, is due mostly to the research /design, balance and far newer technology present on the lightweight machines (the Busa is dated and needs to be revamped IMO). Riding the literbiike is the closest thing to riding on a rail at any speed up to max. These machines DO track noticeably better and are less affected by wind and road conditions than the Busa under the same conditions...and this is not only my opinion but that of most who have ever ridden one at length. Harsh bumps are transmitted to the rider more so on the lightweights but have noticeably less effect on the overall stability and shake.

I define stability as a combination of tracking under several different road conditions as well as panic braking etc... If you ask me what would rather be on when doing serious knee drag cornering, the lightweights are my preference. If you have ever come close to dragging your knee around a corner on a Busa, you know that the bike has a tendency to wobble and in some cases, quite violently -- enough to scare the living crap outta you. These new gen lightweights just don't suffer from the same things, they are made to push to greater extremes on cornering. On the Track (not the strip), no way can the Busa keep up with the literbike or a 600 for that matter, just because you can’t push them to corner to the same extremes. Just so you understand, I won't sell my Busa (except for another newer model) as I love the bike...it has the sheer TQ that puts a grin from ear to ear under most circumstances and she is like riding a couch...very, very easy and comfortable, but the tradeoff is the handling and stability. If you understood that I was pissing over the Busa, it was not my intention…I just called it the way I experienced the ride.

I ride about 25-30K miles a season and spend equal time on the 10R and the Busa...on short and long rides. My wife rides the R1 (too f-cking hot and uncomfortable for me), but it too is unreal on power, handling and stability.

Shifting hard at 10K under full throttle on the Busa, I get some rather interesting TQ steer and again on the 1000's, much less so...

'nuf said!

beerchug.gif

just wanted to point something out about the original picture posted and the one on the MCN magazine.

- The original has the "S" on the tank like the '05's. The MCN says "Suzuki".

- The original simply has the Kanji on the fairing. The MCN has the Kanji AND says "Suzuki".

- On the original the fairing is seperated from the front cowl by two distanced screws traveling nearly east to west. The MCN has has two close screws traveling southeast to northwest.

- Near the lower hole of the fairing on the original there is nothing. On the MCN there are 2 screws.

- The original has a lightly smoked windscreen. The MCN has a clear one.

- There is a seperation of the fairings between the headlight and the airduct on the original. There is none on the MCN.

- Near the lower part of the frame, the fairing is cut in a semi-circle on the original. This cut is not seen on the MCN.

- The hole left of the Kanji is clearly a different cut between the 2.

- There is some triangular-shaped metal piece between the seat and the frame on the MCN. This is not seen on the original.

Now... Can YOU find Waldo?

Note: As for MCN, you can visit their website and look through their previous week's magazine. It's updated on Wednesdays I believe, so just wait until the 10th to see what they have to say.

Also, the Hayabusa issue mentions something about Rossi plans on winning a 1000 and a 250 race on the same day. I didn't know he still raced in the 250 class...

<!--EDIT|Spigga
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123175538 -->

I ride ALOT I haven't found a bike I like better ! I don't have ANY problems with being blown around and I pass about 10-20 semis a day. If you like another bike better GO TO THIER BOARD and bragg . I've got friends that love other bikes and i'm sure you like some other bike better but facts are facts the busa is the fastest ! Or have you ever seen the Guiness book of records! If there was a faster bike you dam'n well believe they would have changed it by now !
tounge.gif

Here we go again believing everything a mag says. Anyone have any proof what bike is the most aerodynamic out there? Plus if weight didnt have any thing to do with stabability i would think that suzuki would of made the busa alot lighter than what it is. But, I'm not a rocket scientist either. So go figure.
Lighter Hayabusa=Gixxer 1K, and more stable too.  Don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that one out.  Just gotta ride one and see.  Gee...go figure.  Talk to me when you have.  Obviously you aren't clued in to this one, because you have never ridden one.   I'll just go buy every mag out there to quote the stats to you on Aerodynamics...

Weight has far less to do with stability than design, a lot of R&D and ultimately, serious testing.  My HD Road King is the biggest unstable P.O.S. on the road...and it weighs about 10 freakin' thousand pounds...the guy that said that liter bikes need more rider input than a Hayabusa is incorrect with that statement because he only drives the P.O.S. version of these bikes (and he even admitted that he can't ride).
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Oh and by the way...the word is "Stability" not "stabability"...

'nuf said on that...
lurk.gif

lurk.gif

lurk.gif
Dude you are funny.  And your the one that still think he knows everything. Plus you claim to own a 05 R1, ZX10r, GSXR1000. and other high price vehicles. Next thing is that you are going to claim that the literbikes are more comfortable than the busa on long distance rides. Oh yea does your dad know you are on the computer trolling around.

<!--EDIT|bs72069
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123205878 -->

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

lurk.gif

lurk.gif

Here we go again believing everything a mag says. Anyone have any proof what bike is the most aerodynamic out there? Plus if weight didnt have any thing to do with stabability i would think that suzuki would of made the busa alot lighter than what it is. But, I'm not a rocket scientist either. So go figure.
Lighter Hayabusa=Gixxer 1K, and more stable too.  Don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that one out.  Just gotta ride one and see.  Gee...go figure.  Talk to me when you have.  Obviously you aren't clued in to this one, because you have never ridden one.   I'll just go buy every mag out there to quote the stats to you on Aerodynamics...

Weight has far less to do with stability than design, a lot of R&D and ultimately, serious testing.  My HD Road King is the biggest unstable P.O.S. on the road...and it weighs about 10 freakin' thousand pounds...the guy that said that liter bikes need more rider input than a Hayabusa is incorrect with that statement because he only drives the P.O.S. version of these bikes (and he even admitted that he can't ride).
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Oh and by the way...the word is "Stability" not "stabability"...

'nuf said on that...
lurk.gif

lurk.gif

lurk.gif
Dude you are funny.  And your the one that still think he knows everything. Plus you claim to own a 05 R1, ZX10r, GSXR1000. and other high price vehicles. Next thing is that you are going to claim that the literbikes are more comfortable than the busa on long distance rides. Oh yea does your dad know you are on the computer trolling around.
No...I don't know everything, as you claim I say I do, nor do I claim to, but I do know that you're a moron...and that you can't spell properly either...Oh, and by the way, nowhere here did I claim I own a Gixxer 1k, so you obviously can't read either, "DUDE" -- Plus, I don't "claim" to own these bikes, I actually do own them...all of them...now, is that a concept you can grasp, or are you just too stupid to understand that too?

Oh yeah...it's "You're" not "your" -- not to mention all the other spelling and grammar errors you made here...so what grade of school did you actually get to, or are you still in it flunking grade 1?  Oh wait...let me guess...you once did a wheelie and landed on your f-cking head and now just you're brain dead...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Spell checkers... know what those are??  You should probably invest in one "DUDE".  Of everyone I know, you would benefit the most from that...so when you get out of high school and if you've learned how to write, say it to me then...

Ciao "DUDE".

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

lurk.gif

lurk.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I ride ALOT I haven't found a bike I like better ! I don't have ANY problems with being blown around and I pass about 10-20 semis a day. If you like another bike better GO TO THIER BOARD and bragg . I've got friends that love other bikes and i'm sure you like some other bike better but facts are facts the busa is the fastest ! Or have you ever seen the Guiness book of records! If there was a faster bike you dam'n well believe they would have changed it by now !
tounge.gif
Another one who can't spell...how can anyone take you seriously when you don't know how to write? You must be related to other guy who couldnt spell.

I'm very happy for you that you ride "ALOT" and don't have any problems being blown around, neither do I...and who is "THIER BOARD" that I should go and "BRAGG" at?

I don't and have never disputed the Busa's top speed ability, and that has nothing to do with what I said here.

You just can't handle someone actually prefers the ride of the literbikes over the Busa...grow up and get a life.

Oh, and if you don't like what I have to say, don't read it...simple concept.

wow.gif

what do ya wana bet stevew is a stressed out english teacher. who cares if no one spells right its a dam bike fourm
rock.gif
all ya need correct is the first 2 letters and the last two
laugh.gif

what do ya wana bet stevew is a stressed out english teacher.  who cares if no one spells right its a dam bike fourm
rock.gif
  all ya need  correct is the first 2 letters and the last two
laugh.gif
BWAHAHAHA. actually he couldn't possible be an english teacher. Teachers dont' make enough to own all the toys he claims to have.

also, gramR erorssss plenti he maek
tounge.gif

this thread made my night, thanks guys!

What I basically said, was that the Busa under crosswinds, does not track as flawlessly as the literbikes -- If I’m beside or passing by a 53' Semi, or any large truck for that matter, on the Busa I find consistently that the bike gets blown around or tossed from the wind more than if I am on one of my literbikes.  I don't mean to say that the bike gets tossed and blown hard, but whatever nudges the rider feels on it under these conditions, is definitely more pronounced than the lightweights.  I have also found that I have more wind hitting me on the upper body on the Busa than the 1000's and this causes the bike to track less stable.  The heavier bike in this case, is more unstable in these types of conditions than the lightweights (it is more twitchy).  The same holds true for crosswinds on open road.  

It's very simple, if I deliberately rock the bars at speeds on the Busa, she moves around, whereas on the lightweights, they don't really budge.  Things like tar-snakes and lane changes over the cut in between the lanes are also more pronounced on the Busa and causes it to shimmy more.  Headshake, while very minimal on any of these bikes is easily more noticeable on the heavier machine under less than perfect conditions.  

Now, I weigh about 205 @ 6'2" so I am perhaps slightly bigger and heavier than the average rider.  The reasoning behind the stability differences IMO, is due mostly to the research /design, balance and far newer technology present on the lightweight machines (the Busa is dated and needs to be revamped IMO).  Riding the literbiike is the closest thing to riding on a rail at any speed up to max.  These machines DO track noticeably better and are less affected by wind and road conditions than the Busa under the same conditions...and this is not only my opinion but that of most who have ever ridden one at length.  Harsh bumps are transmitted to the rider more so on the lightweights but have noticeably less effect on the overall stability and shake.

I define stability as a combination of tracking under several different road conditions as well as panic braking etc...  If you ask me what would rather be on when doing serious knee drag cornering, the lightweights are my preference.  If you have ever come close to dragging your knee around a corner on a Busa, you know that the bike has a tendency to wobble and in some cases, quite violently -- enough to scare the living crap outta you.  These new gen lightweights just don't suffer from the same things, they are made to push to greater extremes on cornering.  On the Track (not the strip), no way can the Busa keep up with the literbike or a 600 for that matter, just because you can’t push them to corner to the same extremes.  Just so you understand, I won't sell my Busa (except for another newer model) as I love the bike...it has the sheer TQ that puts a grin from ear to ear under most circumstances and she is like riding a couch...very, very easy and comfortable, but the tradeoff is the handling and stability.  If you understood that I was pissing over the Busa, it was not my intention…I just called it the way I experienced the ride.

I ride about 25-30K miles a season and spend equal time on the 10R and the Busa...on short and long rides.  My wife rides the R1 (too f-cking hot and uncomfortable for me), but it too is unreal on power, handling and stability.  

Shifting hard at 10K under full throttle on the Busa, I get some rather interesting TQ steer and again on the 1000's, much less so...

'nuf said!

beerchug.gif
Wait a sec.... did you just say that you felt TORQUE STEER on a good time bike?

Do you know what torque steer is?

Unless there's a fantastic concept of torque steer on bikes that's different than the one that does and can only apply to front wheel driven (and to a lesser extent, all wheel driven) cars, I'm done listening to you.

I found this the most interesting which was the second link it says something about GSX1400
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
I had hoped they were going bigger than that but if all existing bolt-ons work that would be the cats meow!!!!! Oh yeah!!

Da kommt was auf uns zu: vier fette Vierzylinder - radikal veredelt von deutschen Tunern.

Foto: fact

Test Tuning-Bikes
Japan radikal!
Vier Jahreszeiten, vier Himmelsrichtungen, vier Urelemente. Die Vier gilt seit alters her als mächtigste und heiligste Zahl. Und Maschinen mit Vierzylinder-Reihenmotor machten die japanische Motorrad-Industrie weltweit. Deswegen verkörpern diese vier verdammt fetten Vierzylinder Nippons Gloria. Veredelt von deutschen Tunern, zeigen die vier Big Bikes aus dem Land der aufgehenden Sonne, eines für jede Marke, welches (Umbau-)Potenzial in ihnen steckt: die Honda CB 1300 von Bike Side, die von RF Biketech veredelte Kawasaki Z 1000, eine von Wegmann auf 1507 cm3 aufgebohrte Suzuki GSX 1400 und die Yamaha XJR 1300 aus der Hand von Zweirad Krause. Bühne frei für Kraft und Herrlichkeit, für ein Erlebnis hoch vier!
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif

rock.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

What I basically said, was that the Busa under crosswinds, does not track as flawlessly as the literbikes -- If I’m beside or passing by a 53' Semi, or any large truck for that matter, on the Busa I find consistently that the bike gets blown around or tossed from the wind more than if I am on one of my literbikes.  I don't mean to say that the bike gets tossed and blown hard, but whatever nudges the rider feels on it under these conditions, is definitely more pronounced than the lightweights.  I have also found that I have more wind hitting me on the upper body on the Busa than the 1000's and this causes the bike to track less stable.  The heavier bike in this case, is more unstable in these types of conditions than the lightweights (it is more twitchy).  The same holds true for crosswinds on open road.  

It's very simple, if I deliberately rock the bars at speeds on the Busa, she moves around, whereas on the lightweights, they don't really budge.  Things like tar-snakes and lane changes over the cut in between the lanes are also more pronounced on the Busa and causes it to shimmy more.  Headshake, while very minimal on any of these bikes is easily more noticeable on the heavier machine under less than perfect conditions.  

Now, I weigh about 205 @ 6'2" so I am perhaps slightly bigger and heavier than the average rider.  The reasoning behind the stability differences IMO, is due mostly to the research /design, balance and far newer technology present on the lightweight machines (the Busa is dated and needs to be revamped IMO).  Riding the literbiike is the closest thing to riding on a rail at any speed up to max.  These machines DO track noticeably better and are less affected by wind and road conditions than the Busa under the same conditions...and this is not only my opinion but that of most who have ever ridden one at length.  Harsh bumps are transmitted to the rider more so on the lightweights but have noticeably less effect on the overall stability and shake.

I define stability as a combination of tracking under several different road conditions as well as panic braking etc...  If you ask me what would rather be on when doing serious knee drag cornering, the lightweights are my preference.  If you have ever come close to dragging your knee around a corner on a Busa, you know that the bike has a tendency to wobble and in some cases, quite violently -- enough to scare the living crap outta you.  These new gen lightweights just don't suffer from the same things, they are made to push to greater extremes on cornering.  On the Track (not the strip), no way can the Busa keep up with the literbike or a 600 for that matter, just because you can’t push them to corner to the same extremes.  Just so you understand, I won't sell my Busa (except for another newer model) as I love the bike...it has the sheer TQ that puts a grin from ear to ear under most circumstances and she is like riding a couch...very, very easy and comfortable, but the tradeoff is the handling and stability.  If you understood that I was pissing over the Busa, it was not my intention…I just called it the way I experienced the ride.

I ride about 25-30K miles a season and spend equal time on the 10R and the Busa...on short and long rides.  My wife rides the R1 (too f-cking hot and uncomfortable for me), but it too is unreal on power, handling and stability.  

'nuf said!

beerchug.gif
I'll give you one more chance to rethink your argument.

Your points of argument are clashing with eachother.

i think i speak for most people on this board, after reading all these posts i am forced to sit and wonder....

Does your busa steer with it's rear wheel? or is it just steves?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

'nuf said!

beerchug.gif
I'll give you one more chance to rethink your argument.

Your points of argument are clashing with eachother.
I couldn't have been more clear...I'm not wasting any more time...

Sigh...

then the point is moot with you.

You REALLY don't know what you're talking about.

I found this the most interesting which was the second link it says something about GSX1400
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
I had hoped they were going bigger than that but if all existing bolt-ons work that would be the cats meow!!!!! Oh yeah!!

Da kommt was auf uns zu: vier fette Vierzylinder - radikal veredelt von deutschen Tunern.

Foto: fact

Test Tuning-Bikes
Japan radikal!
Vier Jahreszeiten, vier Himmelsrichtungen, vier Urelemente. Die Vier gilt seit alters her als mächtigste und heiligste Zahl. Und Maschinen mit Vierzylinder-Reihenmotor machten die japanische Motorrad-Industrie weltweit. Deswegen verkörpern diese vier verdammt fetten Vierzylinder Nippons Gloria. Veredelt von deutschen Tunern, zeigen die vier Big Bikes aus dem Land der aufgehenden Sonne, eines für jede Marke, welches (Umbau-)Potenzial in ihnen steckt: die Honda CB 1300 von Bike Side, die von RF Biketech veredelte Kawasaki Z 1000, eine von Wegmann auf 1507 cm3 aufgebohrte Suzuki GSX 1400 und die Yamaha XJR 1300 aus der Hand von Zweirad Krause. Bühne frei für Kraft und Herrlichkeit, für ein Erlebnis hoch vier!
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
fyi:

"Something's coming at us fast: 4 fat 4 cylinders - radically optimized by German tuners.

Tuned-bike test

Radical Japan!

Four Seasons, four compass points, four elements. The number four has been considered the most powerful and holy number for ages. And bikes with inline four cylinder motors have made the japanese bike industry global. These four totally fat four-cylinder bikes embody Nippon's glory. Optimized by german tuners, the four big bikes from the land of the rising sun, one from each brand, show what they've got: the Honda CB 1300 from Bike Side, the RF Biketech optimized Kawasaki Z1000, a Suzuki GSX 1400 bored out to 1507 ccm by Wegmann and the Yamaha XJR 1300 from Zweirad Krause. The stage is set for power and grandeur, an experience to the power of four!!!

"

you're welcome!

rock.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

Back