2005 rev limiter

Terrydlm

Registered
This may sound like an odd question but please bear with me !

I have a European 2005 Busa engine fitted in my racing car. I have an active TRE & a power commander fitted. A home made (well where can you buy such an exhaust!? lol) Racing exhaust. I have a Koenig oil sump but apart from that the enigne is still standard.

My question is this, at what RPM will the rev limiter cut in? I beleive the limit to be 11,000 rpm.

Before you say why dont i know, the answer is because i have a fancy digital dashboard fitted & to be honest it is not accurate right now! It tells me that my maximum revs on one run was 12065 rpm. I touched the limiter then changed gear and i have not buzzed the engine on a down shift so i am sure that i can't of done 12065 rpm! My shift lights do not come on when they should either which is why i am asking. At least if i know what rpm the limiter should cut in then that is a start. There must be something wrong with my dash which i will try to sort out too. Fancy electronics ! Who needs them ! lol :-)

Thanks in advance for your help.

well i believe it is at 11,100 but not 100 percent on that usually i never hit it but just go with 11 you will be fine

Back