2005...milage and maintence?

wizeguy

Registered
I have seen sparatic problems with the 05's, particulary transmission problems, on various websites. You all with 05's, how many miles do you have and have you had any problems worth mentioning. I have 1200 miles on my 05 LE and so far not a hitch.

I have seen sparatic problems with the 05's, particulary transmission problems, on various websites.  You all with 05's, how many miles do you have and have you had any problems worth mentioning.  I have 1200 miles on my 05 LE and so far not a hitch.
I have the grey/black '05 and have 1000 miles with no problems. This is a replacement Busa from my original that was involved in an accident back in January

05 Red and Black , 5500 miles, I beat the #### out of it, no problems.

05 blue/silver had a problem shifting from 5th to 6th, but now have 1600 miles and no problems with it.

Of all the motorcycles that i have ridden till now... the hayabusa has one of the best gear box!!

btw... i have a 04!! So really dunno if there is any issue with the 05's!! ...but from what I know, between the 04 and 05 there are no changes!

05 limited,5000 miles transmision toast ! had a second gear popping  dealer said keep riding it  now its wasted  and not waranty

<!--EDIT|johnstein
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120799026 -->

8000 miles since, Feb 26 05! Bulletproof! I do know of an 05 LE in this area that trashed the tranny as soon as he got on it. I ride mine HARD since day 1.

2700 miles...and ride the snot out of it in regards to hard accels, etc. No probs yet...shifts like butter, never false neutrals on me (did when I first got it), and never slips or makes a noise in gear.

05 with 1000 miles. Tranny is not very smooth. I've had a false neutral between 5+6 once. I've had it kick out of third gear. Not firm enough on the shifter. It seems to shift best if I pro-load the shifter and wind up the rpm a bit. I would expect the tranny to be smoother. I rode a 12 and it shifted without any effort. My busa shifts like my honda did with 25,000 miles on it. Only downside I can come up with.

05 black/silver, no problems. I have been told by two dealerships that the transmissions on the Busa really do not care for the full synthetic. They both said in easy to understand terms that the synthetics are actually too slippery and cause the clutch plates to slip... Good for the engine, bad for the tranny...
rock.gif

I asked about the price of changing to synthetic and thats what started the conversation. It being a stealership I kind of believe it because they would have gotten a lot more money out of me in the long run if this was not true and we know how they operate...
laugh.gif

800 miles on my 05 Blue/silver. Minor problem with low speed speedo hop at day one; sensor replaced under warranty and she's good to go! Shifts like butter, best bike I have ever owned and I have had 13 previous sports/tourers over the years. My only real complaint is that I can't stay off the darn thing!
smile.gif

Back