2003 Headlights Will Not Come On

Valingt

Registered
so i bought this 03 and the headlights dont come on at all. i have looked at the fuses and the bulbs. i have seen some diagrams that show the jumper wire going from orange to yellow or something like that but mine goes to a green wire.

guy said the wire harness was replaced but im starting to think its the wrong one.

on a side note the rh turn signal light is stuck on and will not turn off. dont know if this is part of the problem or what.

im lost on this and want to ride plz help me!!!!!

What about high beam, does that work? Is there anything off or wrong with the rest of your lights?

Sounds like you need to pull the right signal and the headlight pins out of the plug and switch them. That should solive that problem, then you can move to the next one if there is another.

when i put my power probe on it there is nothing. im getting no power to the head light looks like the loop at the plug is in the wrong spots.

what plug are you talking about me pulling the pins out of and moving around. would pics help in this move along faster?

i have the plugs undone and the rh turn light is 'on' on the dash. i have the front nose and the back tail unpluged.

i thought of doing that but when i put the turn signal on the other pins dont do anything. same thing when i put the high beam on i get no change at the plug

some pics for ya

IMG_2385.JPG

IMG_2386.JPG

IMG_2387.JPG

IMG_2388.JPG

IMG_2389.JPG

IMG_2390.JPG

IMG_2391.JPG

IMG_2392.JPG

If your right signal light stays on all the time Your headlight flashes when you turn on the right signal and the indicator flashes on the dash when you turn the signal on as it should. Then you have crossed wires in the nose. Switch the wires for the low beam and the right signal. Then your headlight will be on all the time and your right signal will flash when you turn that on.

Not sure about the first gen but on the second gen the white plug in the background on your 4th and 5th pics
is what the light plug looks like.

ya i know where the lights plug in at. so i went and looked again and the right side is on all the time. the left will flash but no running light. and no head lights at all.

im lost on what this guy did to this bike.

You don't have running lights unless someone has done a switchback mod. On the light side (nose side) of the whit plug you need to switch the wire that is going to your turn signal and the one that is going to your headlight. You will have to release the pins and pull the two wires out of the plug. Switch location and push them into the new spot.

You have been well advised. The right turn signal and headlight wiring is crossed somewhere

ok so what makes it go off till i hit the turn signal? im kinda lost on wiring. i read somewhere that the jumper wire was to go to the yellow and red or something like that the ones in the first and second pic show that plug. i have a feeling im going to need a book and diagram.

THE WIRES ARE CROSSED. it is wired now so the bike thinks the headlight is the right signal bulb. It also thinks the signal bulb is the headlight. Switch the wires. I have no idea about a jumper wire.

so if im getting this right it has to be crossed before the dash but after the key. only reason i say this is even with the plug undone the dash light is still lit up. i brought up the jumper wires because thats the only place i can think of it being wrong. if you look at the 3rd pic there is a green wire on the bottom right that i dont know where it goes. if i put power to the bottom left wire the yellow one my headlight works.

see now how im getting lost.

Back