2001 Purchase Question

firebug

Registered
Hello,

I am looking at getting my first busa. I have been riding for 9 years and have want to make the jump for a long time. I found a 2001 grey/blue buse with 7700 miles on it. It has a new set of tires, tiforce exhaust, power commander, and other misc cosmetic items. It also comes with a NOS kit and air shifter that are not installed as the owner never took to the track as intended. My main concern is it was set down in the driveway and scratched the area around the L side decal and broke the ball from the left brake lever.

I offered $6000 and he said we would take it. How is this price considering the 2008 are coming out and people are saying prices are going to drop.

Should I jump on it or wait till 08 are out and then get one.

Thanks

If its a dollar and cents concern then going for the $6000.00 is a fair price. Replace the panel with a new one and get a new lever.

If you want a 08 then you will definitely be into it for however much you put down subtracted from the 12000 + tax and other fees and whatever term you select.

Stay out of debt. Buy the 2001.

I bought an 03 in perfect, factory stock condition for not much more than that.

$5000 would have been my offer, but it depends on the market of where you live. There have been 06 and 07's found for under 10 grand out the dealers door with taxes included.

Go for it.
beerchug.gif
If you are comfortable with the price and the condition of the bike.

Not to mention that you apparently are getting a boatload of toys with it.

Let's go ahead and note that this guy raced this bike though. NOS Kits, and air shifters signify that he was (most likely) already racing and had planned to set it up for more.

However, with all that in mind... you could take the money you saved and make it a turbo bike for less than the cost of a new 08. If you like it, and you are comfortable with its damage, I say go for it.

Thanks for the input guys. I slept on it and I think I am going to hold off on this one. He won't go lower then 6K and I would rather wait for one with no damage. The extras are nice but I have no intention of drag racing. I want the busa for comfort and a sportbike/touring bike.

Thanks again.

If you bought it, you could sell the NOS kit and air shifter to help pay for the new panel

Back