2001 Hayabusa

streched01busa

Registered
I might be buying a 2001 Hayabusa and I was wondering what your take on the bike is. It has 31000 miles and has new brakes, tires, aloung with the tune up and adjustment. It has been streched 8 inches, lowered 2 inchs, and comes with 4 to 1 Yoshi exhaust, fender eliminator kit, and stand. I have attached a picture below... The guy wants 7000 for it. Good price?

Image000212.jpg

7K isn't bad if it's been taken good care of. Check the steering head for free play, and the motor oil for excessive wear signs. These bike are almost indestructible, so as long as the previous owner hasn't abused it too much it can last you for several years.

Not sure if there's any motor owork, but I would say something under $7k is closer to reality. Bike looks nice, but you could find better with fewer miles for less (at least omparatively).

Little high, and make sure that you want something stretched out. If you are a normal rider the handling will not be great stretched.

That doesn't look like a 8" stretch. Just looking at the pic. And where is the brake bar? And why are the front rotors a different color from the rear?

Thanks for the replys!! I am going to check it out tonight. I agree that the price seems a little high so i am going to see if he will take less.

I paid 7K for my 06 was stock but clean and had less than 6 K on the odometer i prefer to start stock an mod it myself. some people mod their bikes and make them slower

I might be buying a 2001 Hayabusa and I was wondering what your take on the bike is. It has 31000 miles and has new brakes, tires, aloung with the tune up and adjustment. It has been streched 8 inches, lowered 2 inchs, and comes with 4 to 1 Yoshi exhaust, fender eliminator kit, and stand. I have attached a picture below... The guy wants 7000 for it. Good price?
Good for him :laugh: not so good for you :whistle:
Considering year and mileage 5k-5500 tops. 7 grand will get you an 04-05 low mileage with exhaust ect :thumbsup:

Back