2001 Leftover

85Max

Registered
I just located a Blue and Silver 2001 leftover Busa sitting on a showroom floor at a local dealer and was wondering what a good price would be for this? The dealer is asking $9,800, which seems to be a little steep to me. I am only saying this because I found another dealer who has a grey/silver 2003 leftover for the same price. What would a fair price be for the '01?

Thats way too much , I just got a 03 silver and gray for 9299 . Most dealers in this area are selling the left overs for 9500.00

You have to be kidding! He's asking that much for an '01? You can see from some of the posts here what folks are trying to sell them for used, so I wouldn't pay over $7500 for it. I know it's a dealer and he is trying to make some dough, but . . .

BigBSBusa, that was my exact thought when the dealer told me the price. But, since I am just now starting to do a little shopping for prices, I wasn't exactly sure how low a dealer should be dropping the price on a new/leftover '01. Maybe that's why it's still sitting there???

He's been paying flooring costs now for prolly about a year or so now, make a fair offer. Prolly about $8500-$9K. If it is indeed new and never been titled than there isn't going to be a huge drop in price. It's leftover but can still be registered and financed as new if it trully is just a left over. Hell I would buy the 2003 and be done with it. 32Bit ECU, TiNi Forks, Heavier Starter gear... Yeah I'd buy the 03'.

Hell I would buy the 2003 and be done with it. 32Bit ECU, TiNi Forks, Heavier Starter gear... Yeah I'd buy the 03'.
[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize that they made those changes between 01 and 03. The only thing holding me back on the '03 is that it is in the silver/grey. It looks nice and all, but I would really like to get a blue/silver. I think I may just end up getting one of the '04 blue/silvers when they start arriving on the showrooms. When do the new models usually start showing up at the dealerships?

Agree with Rev. There isn't a bad 'Busa, but if you can get a new one do it! I talked with the dealer in my area and they said they wouldn't be getting any of the '04s until Feb or Mar.

Thanks BigBSBusa. That's what I'm going to do. I can hear a Blue/Silver '04 calling my name :D

<!--EDIT|85Max
Reason for Edit: None given...|1068265066 -->

blue book is $8000.oo for an 01...in 2 monthes that bike will be 3 yrs old, whats the warranty like on it?[/QUOTE]

I didn't even inquire about the warranty. After he quoted me that price I lost interest, especially after I already knew where there was an '03 for the same price. I figured I'd get an opinion from this forum before I made any decision to pursue that '01.

Thanks BigBSBusa. That's what I'm going to do. I can hear a Blue/Silver '04 calling my name  :D
Anytime. Don't know what the weather is like there now, but I don't imagine you'd have a lot of time to ride this year anyway. This way, you can stay up with the board and think about all those mods you want to do when you get it! LOL :D

85Max, I paid $9800 for my Red Y2K.....back in 2000! This guy is looking for a fish to reel in. New '03 Busas are being offered here in Portland, OR for $9200 - $9500, you should be able to turn up similar prices.

That price is a little much, my 03 was only $9254. If he doesn't bite on a (good) lower offer, I'd buy the new one. (from another dealer)

Back