2001 Pricing Question

firebug

Registered
Posted this once but thought this was a better place.

I am looking at getting my first busa. I have been riding for 9 years and have want to make the jump for a long time. I found a 2001 grey/blue buse with 7700 miles on it. It has a new set of tires, tiforce exhaust, power commander, and other misc cosmetic items. It also comes with a NOS kit and air shifter that are not installed as the owner never took to the track as intended. My main concern is it was set down in the driveway and scratched the area around the L side decal and broke the ball from the left brake lever.

I offered $6000 and he said we would take it. How is this price considering the 2008 are coming out and people are saying prices are going to drop.

Should I jump on it or wait till 08 are out and then get one.

Thanks

I'd say go, I love my 01 and you need to give the 08 time to work out the bugs.

Pass. And tell me where it is. If you do pass. Serious, send me more info, I want another Busa.

7700 miles is nothing unless it was put on 1/4 mile at a time. With the mods the owner bought, it sounds like he was at least interested in drag racing. $6K is a good price if the bike is in good condition. Perhaps you could have a shop or one of the org members ckeck it out for you before buying.

Good Price with Low Miles I say go for it. Plus the extras
already on it would will save you some cash. Love my 01
I bought in 06 for $5500 with not near as many mods!!

Have you thought about purchasing a 'brand new' 06 leftover ? I've seen them as low as $8800 OTD in the DFW metroplex so I'm sure you might be able to get your hands on one in your area also ....

Good luck on the purchase !

I also bought my busa used but from a dealer. If you give it a good once over and are pretty confident in your knowledge then I say go for it!!

Back