2001 Guage Cluster Not working

spyderracing

Registered
I have a 2001 busa and the guage cluster isn't working right. All the lights work on it, the oil light, nuteral light. Nothing else works the Tach, Speedo, Gas, and Temp do not work. They just site there. I have seen them work once before while I was ridding the worked for a little bit and then that was it. I have not mods the bike is basically stock.

Help Please

check your fuse box on the left side top while sitting on the bike below the left grip. make sure they are not blown. next, i would pull the cluster carefully and check to see if maybe, yet unlikely, that the male connector has a loose connection on the back of the panel. if you have never done any work in the nose fairing than that would be my 2 options. i'm leaning more towards a poor connection to the instrument panel. good luck!

I have the nose off now I looked at the connections but they look fine. They do not cycle when you turn the bike on. They don't move at all. The gas guage and tem guage are stuck at half and the don't move either.

ok, the only other option you have is to check the speed sensor wiring connector which is located on the left side of the bike when sitting, just below from the center of the fuel tank. there are 3 wire connectors, 2 are white, and the other is the speed sensor connector. that could very likely be loose. i skimmed through my hayne's manual and they suggest that you take it to a dealer if you don't resolve it. good luck!
rock.gif

Does anybody know if there is a way to check the power going into the harness before I plug it into the guage cluster. Maybe if one of the wires is not getting power that might be the problem.

Back