2000 v. 2007 Busa

daversmth

Registered
Let me tell you a story ....

Going back about three years now, I saw a year 2000 busa advertised real cheap by a dealer, and having been hankering after one for a while, but not wanting to shell out on a new one, decided to buy it and run it for a bit, and if I liked it, trade-up to a new one.

The bike was absolutely brill.
Real smooth power delivery, and a clutch that with a wonderful soft bite point.

So after six months, I traded up to a brand new 2007 model.

But to be honest the new bike has not been as good as the old 'un.

There is a power lurch when closing and re-opening the throttle, vibration as the revs rise, and the clutch is much fiercer, making the overall riding experience not such a pleasure.

While I can't say it's a bad bike, and I have no intention of ditching it, it has dissappointed a little compared to the year 2000 model.

Does anyone else have similar experience of newer v.'s older vintage busa ?
(By new, I still mean pre-2008 model change).

Maybe the 2007 is still in the break in stage, also the 2000 model may have been unrestricted. I am sure there are some other things to consider too, every bike is different! Welcome to the org. and post pics of your Busa please!!:rulez::cheerleader:

My 07 had a wicked on-off throttle due to the lean-as-we-can-get-it situation with EPA regs. I replaced the exhaust and had the bike dynoed and the problem disappeared. I was told that I could have had the bike dynoed bone stock and would have come up with the same solution just not as much rwhp. So it appears to me that the newer bikes run much leaner than the older ones.

Clutch-wise, I changed to Amsoil full synthetic and any grabbiness disappeared plus the tranny shifts way smoother than before...

never rode a 2000 is it possible you got a bad bike there are supposed to be the same more or less :dunno:

All bikes are different and you might just need some minor adjustments on the throttle cables to give you that old feel.

All I can say is my 2000 is monster bulletproof, I've never owned such a great bike....that's why I'll never sell it (just get more bikes).

All I can say is my 2000 is monster bulletproof, I've never owned such a great bike....that's why I'll never sell it (just get more bikes).

Here! Here,,, for the 1999-2000 beasts!:thumbsup:

One thing though on acceleration - the 2000 may have had a welded clutch hub. That can make all the difference in throttle response and how you are describing your newer bike. A welded hub will eliminate the hesitation you are feeling especially in corners. Install one and say good bye to that shifting, break loose feeling at the rear tyre.

My 07 had a wicked on-off throttle due to the lean-as-we-can-get-it situation with EPA regs. I replaced the exhaust and had the bike dynoed and the problem disappeared. I was told that I could have had the bike dynoed bone stock and would have come up with the same solution just not as much rwhp. So it appears to me that the newer bikes run much leaner than the older ones.

Clutch-wise, I changed to Amsoil full synthetic and any grabbiness disappeared plus the tranny shifts way smoother than before...

+1 for my 06. changed to mobil1 racing 4t full synthetic. bike shifts ALOT smoother and clutch doesnt grab and lurch the way it did. matter of fact, !transmission wise it feels like a whole different bike! :thumbsup:

Back