2000 mile trip

ALLshow.NOgo

Registered
In about 3weeks to a month, I am flying to Cali and driving the bike from Cali all the way to Texas.

Has anyone done a trip like that? Do you think I would have any back problems? I want to do the trip as straight through as possible because its like 3 days straight driving to make the trip. Hmmm should I invest in a Chiropractor? lol Any suggestions for survival? oh, before I make the trip, I want to put in Amsoil 100percent synthetic the XL-7500.

all I can say, Good luck. It takes me two days in a truck to make the trip from Ft.Worth to L.A. First day Is from FTW to Flagstaff and then the rest of the way in the second day and Im worn out from just that and I drive for a living. I can only dream about making a trip like that, or let me say have nightmares!!

Good luck man, but if you get crippeled half way, give me a call, Ill come and pick you up.

Josh

Have you considered renting a vehicle from like Uhaul & just towing the Busa? I don't think you'll have any back problems, just take a few pit stops here & there. I think you'll be allright

2000 miles in 3 days? dayummmm....

...some vivarin maybe?

hope the windscreen on the busa you're riding is setup for touring. those are some long days for dealing with a lot of wind...

Yes renting uhaul was a possibility, but I am looking for inexpensive, I believe it will be cheaper to drive the busa and the Escape back rather than UHALing the bike, then the added weight to Escape & and worse gas mileage. Oh and thanx Josh I will take u up on that lol

On the busa its a snap. I rode from Maryland to San Diego, CA in three days. Enjoy the ride.

That will be a good adventure
smile.gif

Enjoy your ride... and be safe

Dayum, Big E...thas alotta miles.

Boosta...it should be fun for the first 1000 miles. The other two are probably going to be decided on willpower.

Just be sure to rest up. If you're tired, get off the bike, bro. Remember that you need to be on top of your game ALL the time...and you may end up making serious mistakes that won't be as easily forgiven on a bike. Stay sharp, stay focused, and most of all...stay safe.

Good luck and don't forget the gear!

I did 4000 miles in two weeks, with some 500 mile days. It's not a problem except for perhaps your upper back, depending on how much you stay tucked (I find it hard to keep the speedo below 120 on the open interstate.) If anything, take a portable back massager (one of those wand one works) and use it on your back at night. 10 minutes will pretty much eliminate any knots from poor posture.

Good luck and hope everything goes ok. Not sure if I could do a trip like that, although I have been pondering an IL to Vegas run. Just think that would be fun as all hell.
smile.gif

oh yeah I am very sure it would be fun Long trip lol. Lets see, Tires are brand new (less than 50 miles) Rear brakes are new (less than 50 miles) I am getting ready to leave in exactly 15 days :-D I think we should have like a Gumball 1300 ride from Cali to Texas, that would be hot

On the busa its a snap.  I rode from Maryland to San Diego, CA in three days.  Enjoy the ride.
I agree with Big E. Enjoy the ride. I have a 6000 mile trip planned for the end of Jun. The only way you may have problems is if the bike is not set up right for you; i.e. long reach, no throttle lock, etc.and/or you don't typically ride long distances. Some people have the mileage gene in their ass and some don't. Personally, I find the busa to be a very comfortable ride.

I rode from Laguna Hills, Ca. to Jacksonville, Nc. in 2 1/2 days piece of cake, just don't sit in one position for to long and get a throttle lock or cruise control!

Back